jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Obama plans to tax cars by the mile.

1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
    OLYHOOCHposted 6 years ago

President Obama is floating an idea to tax drivers based on the number of miles they drive.

(Washington) The Obama administration has floated a transportation authorization bill that would require the study and implementation of a plan to tax automobile drivers based on how many miles they drive.
    The plan is a part of the administration's "Transportation Opportunities Act," an undated draft of which was obtained this week by Transportation Weekly.

Read more: The Hill

Read more: http://www.850koa.com/cc-common/news/se … z1LWzabH8t

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

A Hyped up article. The Original proposal was to institute a Gasoline Tax that would go towards the Debt. Go back to the Goverment, and it has been changed and re-vamped sense then. Not what the article is sugesting.

OLYHOOCHposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Go back to the Government, you have to be joking. Our Government is not reliable any more.

OLY

2. profile image61
      DreamCarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Probably it will do some good.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Gas is already taxed, so basically the more you drive the more you pay. That is hardly new.

Well, if it cost me, OH, $40.00 to fill my car and I drive 400 miles on that tank. Now he is thinking about taxing me for that 400 miles + what it cost me to fill my car.

OLY

2. hottopics profile image61
      hottopicsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Another tax increase fro Obama who claims there have been no increases under his admin, in fact he claims to have cut them. Sorry, that sound was me choking

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2 lies in one sentence.

Congratulations.

2. Mister Veritis profile image61
        Mister Veritisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just for people who earn less than 250K. Or is it some other number? I forget. I think he thinks I am a millionaire or billionaire. The billionaires are liberals. They want the middle class to pay higher taxes. The millionaires are small businesses filing as a sole proprietor.

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

I suppose if you live in an urban area where public transportation is available this might encourage you to use it, but if you live in a rural area with little or no public transportation, being taxed on your mileage would be a catastrophe.

Tell me about it.... I live out in a mountain town and it is 100 miles any dirrection to get to a big city.

OLY

4. hottopics profile image61
    hottopicsposted 6 years ago

Sorry Ron, no lies just FACTS. If you have read my previous threads, you would see I do not lie. Everything I write is based in facts, and I do not mean what newspapers or articles posted. Those are just opinions. In this case I will cite just one of Obamas tax increases. His Health care bill, oh sorry, I did say one  but the health bill has many increases in it. And yes, I have read the health care bill

working