jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

GOP Running Scared?

1. 59
    33rdn8thposted 5 years ago

I think that we are at a point where we literally have to laugh at the "right".  Ober the past two weeks we have seen them constantly running scared and filling the airwaves with flat out lies, and now they are exposed as complete frauds. 

First, it was "President Bush deserves credit for Osama", then less than a week later, we learn that absolutely none of the intelligence that was gained on the courriers came from detainees who experienced enhanced interrogation. 

2nd, Boner's speach about not raising the debt limit without spending cuts that supercede the amount that the celing is raised.  Really? He and Attikus Fitch (I mean Cantor) voted to raise the debt celing 5 (maybe you didn't hear me, FIVE) times, including twice in 2002 ALONE, without it getting one headline.  So are these guys serious?  Are they the grinches that robbed America, and have since gained a consious, and all of a sudden want to restore responsibility?  That doesn't even make sense because these clowns are playing politics with real life issues.  They chant American Exceptionalism, but their actions prove that there is nothing exceptional, nor American about their actions.

Third, Making a deal about Common going to the White House, and having Fox clowns, including Rove call him a Thug?  Really?  This guy, had a lyric about a woman who killed a cop in rage in the 1970's, nad called Bush a weapon of mass destruction.  Let's look at the facts, he never said that anyone should commit violence against police, and I don't believe we have a situation where that is the case.  Considering that both iterations are over a decade old, I think it's safe to say that Common isn't nor hasn't put cops in danger.  Let's stay on this for a second, though, President Bush, because of his orders as commander in cheif is responsible for more American deaths than Bin Laden.  Especially in Iraq, since it was an unjustified war.  If you add the Iraqi deaths, he has over 100,000 gead on his hands, and we are talking about a rapper?  Come on.  That is complete myopic bs. Collaratal damage is no different than terrorism.  Be real with yourself.  I will say the same about the current president.  Every innocent death equates to murder.  Flat out. 

Fourth, The Republican pool of candidates - can anyone take even one of these people seriously?  They all have fatal flaws.  Newt - Where are the family values?  Also, a $300,000 ethics sanction from Congress, really?   Romney?  Repeal and replace, eventhough the affordable care act is a national example of what he did in Mass? Ron Paul?  I will just say can not be taken seriously, Santorum - had his own ethical issues in PA, and was a huge reason why he lost to Casey, and never again ran for office in the state.  The field looks more like a tee-ball team than a field of candidates.  These guys are all weak.   stayed away from the obvious Bachman, Palin, and Huckabee, beacuse they are simply entertainers, and the most viable would never get republican support.  That would be pawlenty. 

Sorry, but the right has been painted into a corner, and exposed.  For decades, your platform was fiscal responsibility, and strong national defense, but they have proven both to be hollow.  Just imagine if Gore would have been president on 9/11, or if Bush would have killed Osama?  All we would hear is how the dems are weak on defense and national sercuity.  Imagine if Obama turned a record surplus into a record defict?  Dems would be seen as weak on bugetary issues.  However, it was the opposite, Bush was one day removed from a month long vacation on 9/11.  His National defense team missed the warnings, and 3,000 Americans DEAD.  In 2000, he chose to take the country off of the economic path that it was on (which would have created a record surplus in 2010) to give tax cuts to the rich, which put the country into a hole.  I woun't even get into eased financial regulation, and the "Ownership Society" that led to the financial collapse. 

So very long story short, please stop grasping at air, and come to grips with the fact that the repubs are crumbling, and have no ray of hope in sight.  They are trying to ride the coat tails of the Tea Party, but they are a side show.  So please just waive the white flags and stop making a mockery of yourselves, your constituents, and the United States of America.

1. junko profile image79
      junkoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

33rdn8th,  Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, again?   If so, do it.

1. junko profile image79
        junkoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This could have been your first hub.

2. 59
        33rdn8thposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just try to call them as I see them.

1. hottopics profile image60
          hottopicsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hope you are better at gathering facts for your clients than you were about the post you wrote

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago

Dam good points. I wish someone was paying attention.