jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Here comes the bad news

1. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago

It was positioned on Fox News today, that if the Debt Ceiling is increased, taxes will have to be increased proportionately for those earning $250,000 per yr OR LESS! Whose side are these guys on? Better yet, what kinds of drugs are these "representatives" of the people on? Can't get 'em where I live. Sure, I know there is way more of us under 250,000....or is there? Sounds more like the 1/2 least able to afford it are not only having a lot of the programs which keep them afloat, slashed, but we will be expected to carry the ones who set us up for this mess, to safety with our hard work...geuss we all better roll up our sleeves.

1. hottopics profile image60
      hottopicsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I saw the report, I think you misunderstood what was reported. They were talking about the gang of six and why one has left. He is upset with not getting past the notion that Repubs want to cut spending, The dems want to raise taxes. They want to increse taxes 1 dollar for every 3 dollars the Repubs cut. Talk about 3 steps forward and 1 step back. Fox news reporter Bill Hemer did not take sides, just talked about the reason for the departure

2. Moderndayslave profile image62
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

Nothing surprises me anymore. If I may ask ,Who came up with the plan that designates who will shoulder the tax burden?

3. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

What happens if you don't pay national debt? do other countries send the boys around to break your legs? lol

1. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

No that is what powerful countries do when they get into serious debt in order to allow them 'special' emergency rules to avoid the population realising what a bunch of incompetent thieving turds politicians are.  The US has been doing this for well over 20 years now.

When a country can't service its debt it loses its credit rating [just like you do] and must live within its means while also paying off the debt - living within its means is by nature high taxes, spiralling inflation to get the cost of living up to a correct level [as decreasing income is really bad for politicians] and adjusting the currency downward to reflect its true international value.