Mister Veritas - the new La_Lo/OLYhooch

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (112 posts)
  1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Who's this Veritis guy?

Another non-stop consistent anti-obama thread posting wing-nut?

... hubpages really needs to work on this stuff.

edit-  I realize I mistyped its name in the subject line. My bad.

1. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My guess is that it is all the same person - HP has a long history of turning a blind eye to banned bodies exhuming themselves - even though they probably have the same IP.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image59
        uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How does one get banned?  Is it for exclusively posting anti-Obama threads?

Normally by posting like a total nob-head, trolling or engaging in personal abuse.

I can think of nothing more personally abusive than being called a racist yet I have been on here.  Does that warrant someone being banned?

Ummmmm  not if you are a racist I suppose ?

Isn't being called a racist about as filthy a name as one can be called.  How does one judge another racist based?  Isn't racist the expressed believe of one race's superiority over all others?  I open reject and say so every time the subject is broached, the notion of race, at all.  I do not understand how one man is different than another based solely on the difference in skin color.  That is not much of a difference.

Yet I have been called racist.  Should I complain?

I have the same problem when I say anything about China - streams of personal attacks, is that racist do you think ?

I don't believe in race and I believe those who hide behind it, in anyway, are scoundrels.  The idea of race and the charge of racism permits one the luxury of no longer having to defend a position intellectually.  Race trumps all arguments that is why it is so readily used as a means of squelching arguments, shaming opponents and rallying supporters.  Just ask the greatest race baiter of all time Adolf Hitler about race.  He was a big believer and an expert in using it as a weapon.  He is often imitated today.

That having been said if one is openly attacked because of their skin color this is a file crime that must be punished.

2. profile image0
                Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Racists deserve to post too. There is no legal restriction to believing something like that. It is ridiculous and horrible, but still. They have the right to post

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
              Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Were you called a racist or was your comment called racist. A fine distinction perhaps?

A distinction without a difference.  It is obvious that "racism" is a term so often used and misused that its meaning has been diluted and reduced.  It is a horrid thing to be racist though many people hold bigoted or ignorant views.  Was Archy Bunker a racist?  He held ignorant and bigoted beliefs but would he subscribe to the idea that one man is worth less than another merely because of his skin color?

The dilution of the word has redounded to the benefit of race baiters, a common group on Hubpages.  If one expresses any doubt about Barry's actions in office, his attitudes toward America or his qualifications for elective office than one is automatically a racist?  If one merely ironically calls Barry a Muslim than one is automatically a racist?  As if Muslim is a pejorative attached only to one race and suggests their inferiority.

The use of the term racist, itself, suggests a lack of insight and understanding as well as a penchant for hateful terms.  But as a practitioner you would know that.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

There is no doubt that racism is the source of a certain amount of anti-Obama sentiment. There are plenty of other sources--pro-lifers, global warming deniers, anti-taxers, anti-stem cell researchers, isolationists, end-of-lifers, anti-gay rightsers, pro-gun rightsers, anti-immigrantsers, birthers, truthers, drill, baby drillers, creationists, anti-Muslimers, abstinence onlyers, lock 'em up and throw away the keyers, anti-welfarers, anti-unioners, anti-environmental regulationistsers. absolutist free marketeers. What's the source of your objections to Obama?

There it is.  "There is no doubt..."  I have doubts because the charge is of such a grievous nature that I don't subscribe to its assertion unless I hear it or read it. Someone merely asserting that it is so is insufficient.

Then the second component of the attack.  Placing the target on the defensive.  "What are your reasons...."  The implication is that the other person must defend their objection to prove they are not a bigot or a racist.

Check the stereotyping and shorthand needed to express ones own personal prejudices about ones opposition.  Couched in negative terminology and over simplifying.  I will not defend myself to anyone who asserts the racism and bigotry of others are the reason for their opposition to political policies.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image59

Thanks for demonstrating the so vaunted high mindedness and fact based opinion that is so easily espoused yet so challenging to practice.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image74
                  Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"A distinction without a difference."
                  No, there is a difference. Someone can make a racist crack unwittingly, perhaps being genuinely unaware of the racial overtones of his comment. For example, there used to be a chain of restaurants called "Sambo's," and its mascot was a black boy, the hero of a folktale who somehow managed to turn a tiger into butter. (Yeah, it's all kinds of confusing.) Anyway, the mascot was very minstrel-show-y, and the restaurant either renamed itself or went out of business entirely, I don't know which.

The reason I told you that story was so I could tell you this story. I once worked with a Black guy called Sam. The folks at work would call each other by nicknames. I called Sam "Sam-I-Am" one time, after the Dr Seuss character. One of our coworkers called him "Sambo," and was surprised when Sam was offended. (He didn't know about the restaurant or the folktake in question.) Once he understood, he apologized, saying he had no idea. Sam accepted the apology (as one should when no offense is intended).

That's an example of the difference between saying something racist and actually being a racist.

Back to the whole racism as a compnent of anti-Obama sentiment, if you haven't seen the signs with Obama as a witch doctor, the one about the african lion and the lyin' african, and the many many other signs and slogans with racial overtones, you haven't been paying attention.

The racist anti-Obama folks are out there there; their existence is undeniable. Most intelligent people do not care about Obama's race. But there are some morons out there that care very deeply. Here are a few examples, so you won't accuse me of making unsupported assertions:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5074139_f248.jpg
                  This genius seems to think Obama is made of an inexpensive cotton fabric....

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5074141_f248.jpg
                  No racism in this sign. Nope, none at all.....

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5074144_f248.jpg
                  Yeah, no xenophobia or racism here...

1. DTR0005 profile image62
                    DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jeff, sadly, I believe there is a very significant portion of the country for whom race is the primary issue...

3. lovemychris profile image76
              lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How about Jew-Hating anti-semite?

That make the grade?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

For making a personal attack against another hubber as opposed to attacking a political office holder or celebrity. Name calling among hubbers is frowned on. The objective, in my opinion, is or should be informed, fact based, high level, congenial, respectful discussion among participants.

. . . informed, fact based . . . your having a larf guvnor big_smile  what forums have those attributes !

It does seem that forum posts degenerate into hyperbole and vitriol rather than some high minded discussion.  I find it amusing that one of the participants in those kind of discussions believes he is high minded.

I have always found our Ralph to be high minded, in that he does not stoop to putting views not backed by some kind of information, he is pretty fair and even handed, and I have opposing views to him on many issues.

1. Mister Veritis profile image62
                  Mister Veritisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Birds of a feather...

2. profile image0

No kidding. Ralph is astounding to me. How he keeps his from getting annoyed, responding in kind, while maintaining a standard so high with regards to the knowledge and wording of his posts is remarkable to me. Ralph, you are the standard sir.

1. earnestshub profile image80
                    earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd second that. If Ralph is giving directions he provides a map. smile

2. profile image0

Sometimes, you just need to vent though too. I get on here for that reason. This is where I find the people on the other side, break down their arguments, and let off some political steam. Originally, I thought it would be a debate of actual issues, that when really discussed we would end up being closer than initially thought. However, upon spending time here...there aren't too many opposing viewpoints who present a viable argument, much less actual resources for their arguments.

We do not share a universe of discourse making any discussion moot.  There is no compromise possible on issues because there is no commonly held definition of meaning regarding those issues.

1. profile image0

I typically use the dictionary, yes, that liberal book....the Dictionary.

I have been called a racist - perhaps the most offensive name I have ever been called - by good, loving, liberal hubbers.  There is nothing else I can be called that would warrant a punch in the nose if done in person but those people are still on here?  Is it because I didn't whine about it to the management?

Sn53anon was accused of racism and permanently banned. Why? the phrase "the boy president". It seems that liberals, who live in the past, believe that could only be racist. In fact it is an accurate description of the very childish president we are unfortunately stuck with until the end of this term.

The charge of racism is still a powerful tool used, mostly by those on the left, to stop speech they disagree with.

1. John Holden profile image61
                John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And you know that because . . . lol

You know why.

2. profile image0

It is a bit hilarious that you believe you have the actual story on virtually everything, but are always wrong or ridiculous. Take the "boy president" argument. Do you work for HB? Did you ban her? Did you talk to the person who banned her? Did you read any documentation provided by HB explaining specifically why she was banned?
                No dude, no Shannon you can't. You don't believe in a legally certified and published birth certificate but we are to buy you know the mind of others. Wait, if you used to work on Johnny Carson and wore a big hat then okay, we might buy it.

Is this an example of your willingness to discuss issues? I have informed opinions. I like them. They work for me. Your mileage may vary (I stole this from someone; I have always liked it).

Isn't that a perfect description, along the lines of "the Boy who would be King"? President Obama displays childish behavior, only occasionally slipping into adulthood, before reverting to the child that he is.

I do not know about HB. Was that a person here?

Perhaps you are rambling. I cannot tell. That, in itself is a bad sign. You should see someone about it.

What is it, other than my thoughts and observations, do you think I am selling?

Bad fish?

2. profile image0

I think you are selling basically what most of the other ideologues are selling. At first, I thought you were just misinformed, then you showed a willingness to research and learn if you were or were not correct, then you showed that you really weren't willing.
                    You are selling the idea without backup and resources, being that the ones you use end up being incorrect (i.e. Israel was attacked in the 6-Day war). Propaganda is your product my man. Sad, but true.

3. DIYweddingplanner profile image78
            DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Ralph.  I see far too many people here who bash each other on a personal level simply because they don't agree with a viewpoint.  I just wonder if there is not a more appropriate forum out there for people who just want to post inflammatory threads and engage in name calling.  HP is not the appropriate place for that kind of behavior to me.

2. Mister Veritis profile image62

LOL. Even the simplest comparison of my writing style to the others indicates that we are all different people.

2. DIYweddingplanner profile image78

He's banned and came back with a new name.

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image78

I know I can't be the only one who has figured this out...HP team????

3. Mister Veritis profile image62

One need only ask. :-)
      He (I), is a brilliant individual with two amazing daughters who are smarter than he is.
      He is a patriot who cannot stand to see the eager and willing destruction of (t)his country by a president who was raised by and associated with communists and Marxists.
      He recognizes that the right to keep one's property is the foundation of liberty and of freedom. Defense of the right to life, liberty, and property, is the essential duty of government. This government long ago put itself on the path to tyranny when stopped defending the citizen's right to property and chose to plunder as much of it as it could. Today, tyranny has arrived.
      Mr. Veritis is Paul Revere.

1. profile image0

You called your daughters idiots 2 days ago on a public forum. Are you kidding me? Dude, do you go 4 posts without something being wrong or a lie? LALO? Is that you? Nah...couldn't be Lalo...Lalo never put in as much effort and Oly just posts articles without adding much. You are Veritis...the guy with the ironic name.

They each have one great blind spot in their lives. They are unformed, they are idiots politically. They are the kind of supporters candidate Obama looked for.

I don't know. It is worth a look through my posts to count.

I see Oly's posts so he is still here. I cannot recall ever seeing LALO. I am neither one. I am Mr. Veritis. The man with the ironic name. smile

1. profile image0

I can dig it

1. profile image0

and a troll

4. DTR0005 profile image62

Mr. Veritas and Mr. Anon have many of the same writing styles, opinions, etc. They may be one in the same.

May be...Or maybe not. I did mention, weeks ago, did I not, that he is the reason I came here?

1. profile image0

Panda bears?

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or TK...

6. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evan - you obviously know the Latin word is 'veritas' and spelled it correctly as a matter of reflex, while the troll who adopted the word as a component of its screenname ... lacks your education.

To be fair, Ron made an observation that he saw the same flaw.

Doug, I don't believe I have ever, ever, insulted you. Do we really want to compare educations? Is my Masters Degree better than yours? Has my life of learning stacked up higher than yours? Does it matter that I have read more than 2000 worthwhile books?

Do you have a deficit of spirit...or imagination?

1. Doug Hughes profile image61

Your Masters Degree impresses me - actually intimidated me - even more than the piles of money you hint that you make in your businesses. I'm truly frightened by the tally of books you say you have read. I read a lot, but I don't count them. (perhaps because I am only a Mailman and lack your education)

But I know many well-read people, but not one of them keeps score as you say you do.

My observation was only that several hubbers noticed that, despite your enlightenment, you misspelled 'veritas'.

Do NOT be intimidated. It just means I can stick to a task until I have completed it.

It is the engineer in me. I love metrics. I create mind maps of nearly every book I read. And I document my chapter notes as personally made .mp3 files.

Metrics. I document them three ways. I have an index card for each one. I use it as a sort of bibliographical number so I can annotate the number and the page number on the notes I take. I also write the number in the books as I finish them. In my early years I would see "#271, first read: 22 August 1976. Worth another scan in five years." I am up in the easy thousands now. And I write the title on a calendar ledger I use for that purpose with the starting and ending dates for any specific book.

LOL. No. I explained elsewhere that when I was starting my second company we wanted Veritas but it was taken. So we consulted with some Latin-competent people we knew and decided that Veritis was an acceptable alternative. That became the name of my second company. When I started this on-line identity I decided to use it.

I am certain that I mentioned that my first two businesses failed. I have number three and number four in the early planning stages. From my research it is not uncommon to fail many times before learning the appropriate lessons needed to succeed.
            I am rich according to president Obama. Not according to me.

3. DTR0005 profile image62

A Masters degree ain't all that Doug - many on here have one, but don't feel the urge to whip it out as if it were an unusually large phallus.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

And how do you know he has one?

What, an unusually large one . . . lol

You can be assured that it must be large enough to impress to put it on display.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61

Nobody is impressed by a big mouth.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And successfully stayed within the lines while coloring?

lol lol lol

And on that note, goodnight all.

When my daughters were younger we would often color the illustrations in the books I read to them. We used colored pencils. We initialed our finished drawings. It is a sweet memory for me. And, I think, for them too.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Hopefully, THEY at least have moved on to more productive pursuits.

They are doing the things they are well matched for. My oldest daughter is a people-person. She can make friends in five seconds. Anywhere. Anytime. Under any circumstance. She is an attractive woman. She is much like my wife. My youngest daughter is far smarter than I am. She is also drop dead beautiful. She takes after me in many ways. She is thoughtful, deliberate, detail-oriented, and talented. I am grateful for both of them.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Can I have your oldest's phone number?  I am a bit of a people person myself.

Who knows?  Someday I may end up calling you Dad Veritis.

BR-549...LOL

3. recommend1 profile image60

I am nominating this as the best 'one line' put down of 2011 big_smile

I did not see it as a put down. I saw it as an opportunity.

You do realise that you are probably autistic in some way ?  This is not a put down or insult - just that the way you note everything and send yourself notes from the past in your books  (worth a read in 5 years), the relationship you describe with your daughters etc - all point to it.  My brother in law would think in a similar way and he was suffering from a mild autism, he was a really nice guy in truth but his adherence to rules and certain concepts was absolute and unwavering.

I pay attention to details. If I am I would wish it upon most of you. It is at the core of my success.

I did not take it as a put down. I seldom credit people with bad motives. I try to learn from everything. Cool though. I never considered my attention to detail to be a bad thing.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Another thread, useless in purpose, about hubbers who post. What relation each has and who plays the ban game is meaningless when you consider their actions, and the format in which they use for a playground.

Why bother giving them even more attention by dedicating a thread to them? hmm

Them? I thought it was about me! wink

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I can say from what I've seen so far from you, you're right, you are all about "me". Not surprising.

I had such high hopes for you. You come so close each time to getting it right.

Be careful. lol Your perception is obviously skewed, if you had any hopes for me. lol Too bad you lack the understanding. lol
            Getting what right? I don't have a need to know if you're some clown who likes to play the race card whenever possible. I don't have a need to know who you are at all.

Therefore, YOU make no difference in the larger picture. Which, I am sure escapes you, since you have a problem seeing beyond yourself. But, good luck with it.

There is that leftist charge once again. Where have I played "the race card"? Perhaps your disinterest is the reason why you come close but seldom get it right.

I have made no claims of making a difference. Not in the large picture. Not in the small picture. Thanks for you thoughts.

I did not say you did play the race card. Just like, I didn't call YOU a clown?

I don't know what you are, much less, know who you are. The race card is constantly thrown around the forums. Considering it is a public forum, one might expect to see or read, in or from, the posts posted.
                My interests are not something you could understand. This is apparent. And, I already can see why you don't understand. Too bad you cannot.

I see, appreciate the feedback and learning experience. It was rewarding. You don't understand, and now it is obvious to everyone else who is actually paying attention. And that, to me, is priceless.

2. thebrucebeat profile image61
        thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The "them" refers to the myriad clones that your posts honor by their predictability.
        You are an archetype, a cliche, representing a larger body of sychophantic haters that really have no issues that matter to them save one; the removal and villification of our current president.
        Some have the audacity to speculate why, as the odds that every possible decision the president makes is inevitably wrong flies in the face of reasonable statistics.  We all know the hate for the man himself is at the root, but the why is a matter of conjecture.
        People can make informed assumptions, though.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Just have to say...liberals are not fascists...fascism is a right-wing philosophy as was Nazism.

Just waiting to hear the argument that Nazi's were socialist lol

Their party was the National Socialist Party. What more proof do you need? :-)

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I know...really smile

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
          Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Damn straight!
          You don't see the word "fascist" anywhere in that party name, do you?
          Therefore....
          They were socialists.
          Not to mention really swell, peace-loving, humanitarian dudes.

1. profile image0

I love you two! You crack when up when you get playing off each other. Great minds, I can dig it.

4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

If the Nazis were socialist why were they supported by many if not most western pro-capitalist anti-socialist industrialists?

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

There is no glossary of ban-worthy words or phrases here on HP.
    It's an imaginary line you either cross or you don't.
    If you keep your cool and keep your comments just this side of personal, you can manage a pretty good insult.
    If you let someone get under your skin and snap, you may or may not be reported.
    If someone says something to you that you feel is a personal insult (or says something to someone else that you feel is a personal insult), report them.
    Or grow a thicker skin.
    And apply some silver polish to your tongue. smile.

6. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"why would Northeastern Jews vote for someone who is anti-semitic? "

Do you think if you say this enough, it makes it true?

Palestinians are semitic....Europeans are not.

YOU are the anti-semite!!

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

*enters sheepishly*
    Who is HB???
    Not Habee, right?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)