Uh, well. Oh, Hmmm.
Darn. This is too good to just pass up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xod9wV6N … re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJjqHbFc … re=related
I love this stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHEh1ML5 … re=related
This just makes me proud to be an American:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl8LcbtQ … re=related
So what were you expecting?
A cure for cancer, or AIDS, or maybe a man on the moon?
How about: He beat incredible racial odds to become prsident of the U.S. What have you done lately?
good stuff Mister. Funny how noone can name his accomplishments, oh yea he did not have any!! At least you found MSNBC clips, Other wise the left would say it was Faox propagana. They all like Chris Mathews, wonder how many are going to throw him under the bus for this
I keep finding them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKhzqG3_ … re=related
This clip does not showcase his accomplishments. But does indicate, at a fundamental level, the President's brilliance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02Dt … re=related
"The 244 ACCOMPLISHMENTS of PRESIDENT OBAMA
• Ordered the White House and all federal agencies to respect the Freedom of Information Act and overturned Bush-era limits on accessibility of federal documents (2009)
• Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible (2009)
• Placed limits on lobbyists’ access to the White House (2009) • Placed limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration (2009)
• Signed a measure strengthening registration and reporting requirements for lobbyists (2009)
• Ordered that lobbyists must be removed from and are no longer permitted to serve on federal and White House advisory panels and boards (2009) * Note: After saying he would not hire lobbyists, a few have been hired in the Administration
• Companies and individuals who are delinquent on their taxes or owe back taxes are no longer allowed to bid for federal contracts (2009)
• Initiated the “e-Rulemaking Initiative” (in cooperation with Cornell University) to allow for online public “notice and comment” of federal laws and initiatives (2010) • Issued the “Open Gov Directive” ordering all Cabinet departments to promote transparency and citizen participation in their policies (2010)
• Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane (which wasn’t even used in Iraq/ Afghanistan) and other outdated weapons systems (2009)
• Announced his intention to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay (2009) * Note: The closure has been delayed due to massive opposition but it remains on the agenda.
• Stated his interest in housing terrorists at a new federal “super max” facility in the US (2009) * Note: this has been delayed in the face of massive opposition but it remains on the agenda
• Cut the expensive Reagan era missile defense program, saving $1.4 billion in 2010 (2009)
• Cancelled plans to station anti-ballistic missile systems in Poland and the Czech Republic (2009)
• Replacing long-range, expensive missile systems with more efficient smaller systems (2009)
• Increased US Navy patrols off the Somali coast in response to pirating (2009)
• Established a new cyber security office and appointed a cyber security czar (2009)
• Ordered the first nation-wide comprehensive cyber threat assessment (2009)
• Instituted a new Nuclear Posture Review, revising US nuclear deterrence policy to encourage more nations to join the 1996 Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (2010) * Note: Components of the policy include: a pledge to stop nuclear testing; a pledge to not build a new generation of nucs; identifying nuclear terrorism, rather than a launch from another nuclear state, as the major threat; a pledge to not use nucs on a non-nuclear state in a conventional conflict; etc.
• Executive orders to block payment, transfers, exports, etc… of individuals and organizations support the regimes of North Korea, Iran, Somali pirates, and other foreign threats (2010)
• Presidential Memoranda to extend certain provisions of The Trading with Enemies Act which was to expire in September 2010 (2010) * Note: This includes freezing assets and banning trade that benefits the Cuban regime; however further efforts at normalizing travel to Cuba are supported
• Signed bill for southwest border security and increased funds and agents on the Mexican border (2010)
• Signed the Comprehensive Sanctions, Accountability and Divestment Act to deal with foreign regimes like Iran and North Korea (2010) IRAQ & AFGHANISTAN
• Began the phased withdrawal of US troops from Iraq (2009); continuing the withdrawal (2010)
• Changed the US military command in the Afghan conflict (2009)
• Tasked the Pentagon to reorganize US policy in Afghanistan; the new policy includes 30,000 additional troops deployed, priority training of Afghan forces, developing agriculture and infrastructure, limiting aerial bombing, etc. (2009)
• Ordered the Pentagon to send additional helicopters to assist US Marine units and Special Forces in Afghanistan (2009)
• Increased unmanned drone strikes on Taliban and al-Qaeda targets in Afghanistan (2009)
• Ended the Bush-era “stop-loss” policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date (2009)
MILITARY & VETERANS
• Signed extensions on banning lobbyists from serving on agency boards (2010)
• Developed the “Do Not Pay List” with data on contractors and recipients of federal funds who are deemed to be ineligible because of fraud and abuse (2010)
• The White House website now provides information on all economic stimulus projects and spending, along with an unprecedented amount of information on our government (2009)
• Ended the Bush-era practice of circumventing established FDA rules for political reasons (2009)
• Ended the Bush-era practice of having White House staff rewrite the findings of scientific and environmental regulations and reports when they disagreed with the results (2009)
• Limited the salaries of senior White House aides (salaries cut to $100,000) (2009)
• Has urged Congress to adopt “Pay-Go” (whereby each dollar of spending is offset by a dollar in cuts or revenues, which was used in the `90s but abandoned in the `00s) (2010)
• Has been holding open meetings with Republican leaders, although they complain of a lack of access and information (2010)
• Signed the Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Act (2010) * Note: To curb wasteful spending
• Tasked federal agencies to develop plans for disposing of unneeded real estate and then to eliminate unnecessary or non-economical lands, properties, etc. (2010)
• Ordered the Pentagon to cover expenses of families of fallen soldiers if they wish to be on site when the body arrives back in the US (2009)
• Ended the Bush-era “blackout” imposed on media coverage of the return of fallen US soldiers (2009) * Note: The media is now permitted to cover the story pending adherence to respectful rules and with the approval of the fallen soldier’s family
• Ended the Bush-era “black out” policy on media coverage of war casualties (2009) * Note: Full information is now released for the first time in the War on Terror
• Ordered better body armor to be procured for US troops (2009)
• Funding new Mine Resistant Ambush Vehicles (2009) * Note: The old Hummers were very vulnerable to roadside explosives and an alarming percentage of our soldiers lost in Iraq were on account of IEDs
• Working to increase pay and benefits for military personnel (2009)
• Improving housing for military personnel (2009)
• Initiating a new policy to promote federal hiring of military spouses (2009)
• Ordered that conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other neglected military hospitals be improved (2009)
• Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military to a post-Cold War, modern fighting force (2009) * Note: Bush announced in 2001 his intention to do this but backed off the reforms after 9/11, which include: new procurement policies; increasing the size of Special Ops units; deploying new technologies; creating new cyber security units; etc.
• Ended the Bush-era practice of awarding “no-bid” defense contracts (2009)
• Improving benefits for veterans as well as VA staffing, information systems, etc. (2009)
• Authorized construction of additional health centers to care for veterans (2009)
• Suspended the Bush-era decision to purchase a fleet of Marine One helicopters from suppliers in favor of American made helicopters (2009)
• Ordered a review of the existing “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy on gays in the military (2010)
• New GI Bill for returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan (2009)
• Signed bill providing assistance for caregivers of veterans wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan (2010) * Note: The omnibus bill does the following: Training, funding, and counseling for caregivers; promoting pilot childcare programs for women vets under treatment at the VA; independent oversight to prevent abuse; readjustment counseling for National Guard and reservist units; etc.
• Eliminated co -payments for veterans who are catastrophically disabled (2010)
• Fulfilled campaign promise to have combat troops (90,000) out of Iraq by August 31, 2010 (2010)
• Established a new interagency task force to assist veterans owning small businesses (2010) * Note: The efforts include promoting federal contract opportunities, improve access to loans and capital, mentor assistance programs, etc.
• Signed The Families of Fallen Heroes Act, which covers the moving costs of immediate family members of those lost in service (military, intelligence, and security personnel) (2010) ....."
This is a small portion of the list. For the rest of the list go to....
http://b4bmorenews.blogspot.com/2010/09 … ident.html
Very impressive list! LOL. The things I have knowledge of I think as un-accomplishments. I used italics within your post to make my comments. But thank you. This is quite a list. Only two more years of him to go.
He's gonna get his butt whupped by Barbour...er I mean Trump...er I mean Huckabee...er I mean Daniels...
Sarah Palin's our only chance.
This may ease your pain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRhHqlz … re=related
Sarah is gonna run? I do hope she wins!
I would give anything to see America's President talking to the UN in tongues and invoking the devil to leave them.
It would complete me.
I have it on good authority that Lady GaGa is going to announce her candidacy next week.
If she wins i'm moving to Australia...
How do you imagine the republicans will beat him? They are married to a bill that the independents, and most Americans in fact, find abhorrant at a 4-1 ratio. I talked to you about this in another thread, but you chose to ignore it there. Will you continue to do so?
He doesn't answer very well, as we have observed on several threads. He does like to start threads, though. Now which other con political trolls does he remind me of? Oh yeah! All of them!
You've heard of "pay per view"? This is "pay per thread"!
Hullo DIY! Yep, seen one, seen 'em all!
But as usual, they all come here peddling the same
Love it, and sorry to correct you, but shouldn't he be beating that horse and shouldn't the horse be dead?
HA! Fess up, you love correcting me, DIY! But yes the metaphor is mixed in this one. You are pretty smart for a girl!
Well, maybe...Have to go to sleep, can't keep playing with you people, but I trust you to keep the shovelers in their places.
You forgot shaved the same number of strokes off his Gallup Poll rating as his golf game.
Average of all the major polls; 52.
Average of Congressional polls; 22
Gallup has his rating at 49% far down from his beginning rating. He has shaved about 8 points off his golf game. He has actually shaved more points off his approval rating than his golf game despite having played more golf than any president since Eisenhower.
I prefer to look at an average of all polls, rather than cherry pick, don't you?
The republican congress ain't too popular, though, is it? Even if you cherry pick!
I prefer washing my food so that I don't get any manure in any bite. I do prefer independent polling agencies and Gallup is one of the better ones. Having written and evaluated survey instruments it is possible to get close to the results you prefer. There are ways of manipulating samples, questions, internal controls to yield the desired results. Gallup manipulates results less often than most others. There are also things that surveys simply do not measure.
As for congressional ratings - I couldn't care less. Not the lowest congressional ratings of the last 4 years - that belongs to the sainted Democrats.
The manure comment was pointless.
As for your assessment of what can be done with polls, I have no disagreement. That is why I prefer to use Real Politics average as a measure of truth, as they take all the major polls and find the average of them all, which takes the bias out of the equation. You choosing Gallup over others is silly, as I am quite sure you have no idea of what the questions were that were asked or the methodology. What you do know is their reputation for having a conservative slant and you like that. The fact is that over the last two election cycles, the predictive accuracy of Real Politics has been uncanny. The truth will set you free.
I was amused to find you don't care about the approval rating of congress. Who cares? They only craft the legislation that gets passed or passed on. The current republican house failed to pass the first five bills Boehner tried to push through, and now have passed one that 80% of the public thinks is the work of the anti-Christ.
I would try to ignore this, too.
The manure comment was pointed. Several of the surveys that Realclearpolitics weights equally with Gallup and Rasmussen are party affiliated or regularly employ dodgy methods. Filtering out surveys that do these things is like washing your food. It is recommended.
Not every organization produces reliable measures. Zogby, Rassmussen and Gallup have proven their accuracy over time.
Thank you for the assumptions, insinuations, prejudices and slants of your own. I appreciate your lack of objectivity.
Polling methods haven't evolved quickly enough with our changing times, which is why in 2008 we saw a few polls with McCain ahead of Obama in the days leading up to the election, and it ended up being Obama by 7 percentage points. There are still some polling agencies that use listed phone numbers to contact people. Does anyone working there think that maybe you won't get a good sample if you only call landlines? Old people are far less likely to have cell phones than young people, and they're far more likely to vote Republican.
Frankly, I'm not sure I trust any polling agencies anymore, because I'm not confident they can gather the contact info for a large sample of people that is truly representative of the whole population. I haven't had a landline in years, so I guess some of them won't be calling me. College students will sign up for anything, but they aren't a fair representation either. Collecting info at a mall ignores the people who have given up on malls in favor of online shopping and elderly people who rarely shop. Sure, the agencies can mix this data together, but how do they know what a fair mix really is?
Everyone in prison, in theory, should be a liberal. In practice, that isn't true. So why?
But of course,MV! You don't actually think anyone here takes you seriously, do you? You gotta pay some dues man! You can't merely barge in here like a...well..like a troll or something and gain respect.
Look at me, they won't even allow me to post a real picture here. You think I want to have this snake as my avatar? Nope, like you, I didn't know any better. But at least I don't have to use that chicken anymore! So watch it, the goat avatar is now available!
People forget the great historic accomplishment of Obama becoming the first black president of the USA. This is no small thing, considering that even 20 years ago this would not have been possible. Maybe because of this, his views seem to be more inclusive than previous presidents. He tries, even though there are those who wouldn't agree, to represent all Americans, whatever their race or financial status.
That says more about us than about him.
Well, no. He is inclusive if one is a radical, a Marxist, a socialist. You should probably go ahead and count me as an American who does not agree. :-)
If you think Obama is radical, you must have thought that Nixon was a card carrying Communist. Much of his agenda was left of Obama's.
You are the perfect parrot of Michael Savage et al. Using words that have real meaning and altering that meaning to achieve a scare tactic, knowing your target audience is not bright enough to know the difference. Creating an evil adversary where none exists, just a very tough political opponent.
Accruate analyisi or Mr. Veritis. He reminds me of Mark Levin.
Talk about radicals! How about those rebellious scamps, the founding fathers, not to mention Abraham Lincoln. I'll bet he knew an Obama would happen sooner or later. When a radical action becomes the Status Quo, it is no longer a radical action.
by Siotosh7 years ago
Can anyone list three positive things Bush did in his two terms in the White House
by Grace Marguerite Williams5 years ago
Election time is nearer and nearer. It is time now for President's Obama assessment. What grade you give President Obama so far? Please detail what grade you would give and why?
by Rod Martin Jr4 years ago
I've corresponded and chatted with a number of Americans who think the 9/11 Truth movement has been thoroughly "debunked." But when pressed for details on the source of their belief, they can't provide any....
by lady_love1585 years ago
Do we really want to cut defense spending? Consider that already much of the military function has been outsourced to private companies that a making huge profits off the wars, one of the left's source of angry...
by JeniferD6 years ago
Any thoughts about Obama's back-pedaling on any bills to bring back American jobs?
by Rockerzz6 years ago
Please mention the full song names and attach links if possible.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.