jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How has this bad economy affected you and your life?

1. tHErEDpILL profile image88
    tHErEDpILLposted 5 years ago

Don't be afraid to let it out here, this economy is really bad so I know their are a lot of stories out there waiting to be heard.  I would like to know how the economy has changed you, your life, and your mind.  Also how are you dealing with it?  What do you do to cope?  Is it working?

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It hasn't changed my life much at all.  I'm debt free.  My home is paid for as are my vehicles.  If and when I use my credit cards, I pay them off immediately.  I have a trust fund thanks to my late first husband and that has suffered more than I have, but not so much as to impact my lifestyle, which is fairly modest.  I'm not a big spender and I like to keep it simple.  Where I have noticed it most is in my business.  I have a small interior design business and with the real estate bust, business sure isn't what it used to be.

2. 0
      Texasbetaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oddly, the last two years have been the best for me. My salary has increased over $30k in 2 years. I went from being on a staff, to running a staff of 50. I moved my 401k over to safer investments before the 2008 stock hit luckily, and I only drive 4 miles to work...so gas hasn't affected me too much. I fill up once every 3 weeks.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Me, personally?  Not at all.  I got two significant pay raises in the last two years.  I feel for people being squeezed by the recession but it is not having a uniform effect across the board.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No job, no place to live. At least summer is almost here, and I've got a PLACE ON THE BEACH!!!