jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

work two jobs to survive...who? why?

1. james groome profile image61
    james groomeposted 5 years ago

The answer to who; is the middle class and poor.Why?I don't know; maybe to help pay for the retirement of those who are not.We the people of the United States,(not all but most)have been had.Think about it,the Presidents,Senators,Congress,(men and women)and ALL in office that suppose to be helping get this country going are not.While the working people have to deal with job cuts,less pay,benefits slashed and foreclosers the ones in office are living high on the hog!Dining,dancing,vacationing,and what's that other one...(i'm thinking)..OH retirement!Everyone gets retirement you may say,but not like they get.Retirement for the working is sixty-five or more and still working part time or maybe more.Those in office work one,two,three or maybe four terms and still retire on the same pay and benefits or close to it.Some are nowhere near retirement age or have the years to be on retirement!This can't be right!Don't they suppose to work for us?Why don't they cut their pay and benefits and take it like we have to!Maybe if they did that for two or three years this country will really get back on its feet, might even get rid of  national debt!

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree. It's time to get rid of pensions for life even though you only served a term and no wonder they don't care about healthcare. They get that one for life too, I'm sure. We need change.

2. Moderndayslave profile image59
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

Ever need a root canal? You just hit that nerve.

1. Castlepaloma profile image24
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

All those very rich slave master, there is many more of us, WE CAN TAKE THEM!!!

Oh!!! One thing!

Forgot about the military

3. 0
    jerrylposted 5 years ago

Pay off the national debt?  You must be joking.

Here is a link that will explain how the who and why you are referring to,are getting shafted

1. Jed Fisher profile image88
      Jed Fisherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To sum up that article, it says people borrow money that never existed in the first place. Which is true; money does not exist. It's a godless religion, based on faith. I disbelive the illusion!

4. Moderndayslave profile image59
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago