jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Should we believe everything we see or hear?

1. tHErEDpILL profile image87
    tHErEDpILLposted 5 years ago

With so many questionable explanations being given to us by our government in the past should we believe everything we are told by them.  Just like a court proceeding has to prove that a defendant has actually committed a crime, we should force our government to prove that 'did not' commit crimes also.  In just the last 20 years we have been lied to by Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, and I am just waiting for Obama's lies to unravel.  Don't even get me started on that bogus 9/11 story either.  In court even when a criminal is caught on tape or witnesses testify, the case is not closed until a jury agrees with majority on a decision of guilty or not guilty.  Why do we just believe everything our government tells us?  Is it because we are conditioned to submit to authority or is it because we are so dependent on them?  If you come come correct in this forum, I take this seriously.  Nonsense will be pointed out. smile

1. drdspervez profile image48
      drdspervezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

sometimes we do not have any other option except to believe what our government is saying .Many times seeing is believing but sometimes what we see is not the truth .    smile

DR.DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Innocent TILL proven guilty. Guilt cannot be assumed. It doesn't work that way.
      You're too funny. Nixon and Reagan? Were not in the last 20 years. roll
      Yeah, let's not go there shall we.
      I think I established already "innocent till proven guilty".
      Do YOU believe everything government tells you? If not, why would think anyone else would.
      Conditioned to submit? No. Dependent on them? Not actually.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

..no...we shouldn't believe everything we see or hear; it doesn't matter which country.  as for gov't being accountable and transparent, that just won't happen - too much power and decisions made amongst a few with info filtered to the political leaders and the masses.  Why?  there are many reasons depending on the issue.

One small example - political views/ideas/decisions that I follow get spun all the time - info that i'm aware of doesn't reach the masses - it's all laid out in a nice way to satisfy the tax payers/voters...and sometimes those political leaders hang onto some great idea that is provided by senior gov't staff, but not all of the info is provided - detail is left out ...too much detail for any politician to be able to obtain...so many times informed decisions are not made - decisions are made on filtered info.

my 2 cents..........this a.m.

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I don't.