jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

President Heads to Joplin 1 week alter

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

President Barack Obama is pivoting from diplomacy on the world stage to the intimate and delicate domestic task of acting as healer-in-chief to the devastated community of Joplin, Mo.

The President travels to the tornado-wrecked city on Sunday, a day after returning from a six-day European tour of Ireland, Britain, France and Poland.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43208652/ns … ?gt1=43001

I think he should have been there sooner, but I guess he had to finish the European trip first?

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

FEMA did their job. He did not need to return early to fix a dysfunctional agency.

One test of leadership is when things work when you aren't there.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
        Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good point Doug, If he had returned earlier and then resumed the pre planned trip, they would have been calling for his head over the extra gas he burned.

I hope they realize I didn't refer to their incompetent demi-god "Dubya" once. One doesn't need to constantly mention "Dubya" every time the blow hards start blowin".  BTW, I was once a landscaper and I am quite happy with the results of the re-do at the whitehouse. Yanking that "Shrub" out and replacing it with something that actually works there was a good decision. People around the world are commenting on the improvement as well.

The only ones who can't see it are the  Shrubheads and republicans. They don't have the balls to come out and state what they know in their heart...nothing Obama does will be acceptable to these people. He could quit and simply walk out. It would take the right 3 days to quit bitchin about him leavin before they realized he was gone.

2. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Had he turned up on the day he would have been accused of political opportuning.

What would he actually have done? Donned boots and gloves and helped salvage, or just get in the way?

3. 0
      Julie J.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just got word from KZRG that he has landed and will tour the damage before the memorial service. I really don't think it would have mattered if or when he came to town, because clean up and recovery would go on regardless. He has already declared the area a disaster; however, speaking at the memorial service is a gesture of respect that members of the community do appreciate.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Everything is all 'show and tell'.