jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

B of A foreclosed - really

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago

Collier County, Florida --Have you heard the one about a homeowner foreclosing on a bank? Well, it has happened in Florida and involves a North Carolina based bank. really

"Instead of Bank of America foreclosing on some Florida homeowner, the homeowners had sheriff's deputies foreclose on the bank.

It started five months ago when Bank of America filed foreclosure papers on the home of a couple, who didn't owe a dime on their home. The couple said they paid cash for the house.

The case went to court and the homeowners were able to prove they didn't owe Bank of America anything on the house. In fact, it was proven that the couple never even had a mortgage bill to pay.

A Collier County Judge agreed and after the hearing, Bank of America was ordered, by the court to pay the legal fees of the homeowners', Maurenn Nyergers and her husband. The Judge said the bank wrongfully tried to foreclose on the Nyergers' house. 

So, how did it end with bank being foreclosed on? After more than 5 months of the judge's ruling, the bank still hadn't paid the legal fees, and the homeowner's attorney did exactly what the bank tried to do to the homeowners. He seized the bank's assets...."

After being locked out for an hour, the bank paid up.

From http://www.digtriad.com/news/watercoole … Of-America

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

2. 0
    jerrylposted 5 years ago

Doug,  Years ago, a friend of mine wanted to test his bank.  He had over $25,000 in that bank.  He went into the bank and wanted to withdraw $25,000.  They told him it would take a couple days to comply with his wishes.  He demanded the money, stating that he deposited it there and they should have his money in safe keeping. 
    They then asked him if he would accept a certified check drawn on that bank.  My friend said he would.  The bank drew up the check and handed it to him.  He immediately turned the check over and endorsed it and told them to cash it or he would call the sherrif and have them arrested.  He had his money in no time.  His bank had to temporarily borrow from another bank in order to cash their own check.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I love this!!!

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

OMG, I love it!  It's one thing to make an error, but something this egregious should have been corrected within hours of being informed of it. 

To then fail to pay a court ordered judgement - they should have had more court fees, fines and lawyer costs tacked on as well as the earlier judgement.

The only thing that could have been better is if the sheriff had collected furniture, computers, etc. and auctioned them on the spot in a sheriffs sale.

When will they learn that because they are big they are not always above the law?

5. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 5 years ago

Oh, would I have loved to see that... lol 

6. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

That was great!

7. cindi h profile image61
    cindi hposted 5 years ago