Alaska set to release thousands of Sarah Palin emails

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Alaska set to release thousands of Sarah Palin emails

"The messages date from Palin's first days in office in December 2006 through September 2008�a period that covers most of the presidential election, but not her time as McCain's running mate. This release of correspondence also does not include her final tumultuous 10 months in office Palin resigned in July 2009though there have been public records requests for those emails as well.
    Palin insisted earlier this week that she doesn't believe there's any big news in the emails. "Every rock in the Palin household that could ever be kicked over and uncovered anything, it's already been kicked over," she told "Fox News Sunday."
    "The episodes of most interest in the emails are likely to be Palin's messages during various ethics inquiries during her first term. That includes the scandal known as "Troopergate," in which Palin was accused of pressuring public safety officials to fire her estranged brother-in-law, an Alaska state trooper who was going through a bitter divorce from her sister.
    But more than anything, the emails are likely to shed more light on Palin's day-to-day as governor a time that, in spite of her rise on the national political scene, is still engulfed in plenty of mystery."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket … lin-emails

this is only a small piece of the article..
    looks like everyone is going on a witch hunt..
    .wink

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

i hope for her 'credibility' her spell checker was on

1. profile image0
      Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What surprised me most about the emails I have read so far is her grammar and word choice is dramatically better than I would have thought.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A world of difference between taking the time to write a coherent email and responding off the cuff to hostile reporters trying to jam a microphone through your teeth.

At least it would be to me!

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I don't understand why people are so fascinated by her emails. Or with her, for that matter.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's the media, anything for coverage.

I'm sure if the media didn't make such a big deal out of her every move, a lot of the public wouldn't miss her at all.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

agree habee

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

"“What have you seen so far today and what are you going to take away from your visit?”"

And she calls this "a shout-out, gotcha-type of question that was asked of me". As John Stewart said: "Sarah, it's not a "gotcha" question just because it got --- ya".

5. Bibowen profile image87
    Bibowenposted 12 years ago

This is great....Obama's economic policy is headed toward the basement, with him attached to it. As a member of the Fourth Estate, MSNBC's relationship with Obama is just plain creepy--something like Battered Wife Syndrome--only worse. And now, to gin up the dahlings! at Huff-a-Ton Post, we get the release of Sarah Palin's e-mails. Progressive femmes are already registering "hyper-frenzy" over this woman. You can't defribilate those poor urchins forever.

The Republicans won't need to spend much money to take back the White House. The Democrats are going to give it to them for free, free except for the trillions they have spent to put the economy in a freefall.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah right!  You probably thought Dubya would be a great president too!  lol

1. Bibowen profile image87
        Bibowenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I know. A lot of people are still obsessing over Dubya. He ruined alot of people's plans...

http://snarla.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg?w=410&h=308

2. KK Trainor profile image60
        KK Trainorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey randy, what is this obsession with George W.? Maybe you should move on already.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They will however have to find a candidate who doesn't piss his/her pants whenever a reporter asks which magazines they read.  Doesn't look good for the R's...

The only electable Republican is the one who's policy decisions are closest to Obama's.  The right-wing contortions will be fun to watch over the next year.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you referring to Mittens? Bet he reads, and he can prolly even remember what he reads! lol

2. Bibowen profile image87
        Bibowenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What the Republicans do won't matter much. The Republicans will take the Senate and keep the House. As for Obama, if the economy doesn't change, the Republicans could put up Bernie Lomax and he'll win. If the economy does not start to improve, 2012  will be a vote against Obama. People are going to walk into the polls and vote against him. It's not so much because they don't like him, but they're afraid of what he's doing to the country and they've lost confidence that he knows what he's doing.

The Democrats have already lost if they continue the same game plan of spending the nation into oblivion. Obama can spend $2 billion on his campaign and and it's not going to change people's gut feeling when they go to vote.

6. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Eric Boehlert:

"After endlessly re-reading Weiner's sexting messages, cons horrified journalist will review Palin's public gov. emails"

As always....they can dish it out in spades, can't take even a little.

7. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

What amazes me is that anyone even cares. It's Sarah Palin. It is so past the time for this woman to slip into  political obscurity.

We all know the only reason she was tapped as McCain's running mate. Why in the world she was able to stay in the spotlight after that train wreck of a candidacy is a mystery. She's a political Kardashian. She's unworthy of our interest.

1. KK Trainor profile image60

Why was she allowed to remain in the spotlight? Ask the liberal media. They are the ones who keep her there. Fox pretty much never has her on as a pundit, so you can't blame them. It's those obsessed liberals who just can't let go. Chris Matthews is totally consumed with her every move, so complain to him.

And I'm sure the only reason they're looking at those stupid emails is to find some dirt. So far they seem pretty disappointed: Yahoo has this today "So far, no bombshells in Palin emails" - darn it! Where's the dirt?!?! What a waste of time and money.

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I wish the media had been this interested in explaining the health care bill to us!

Really, I just don't get it. Why would news outlets pay for Palin's emails? Why do they take her so seriously?

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

It took a few years to get the emails released...this started when she was still Governor and there were questions about her finances..

2. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I am horrified, Palin e-mailed.

Let me be the first to demand her resignation.

Oh wait??

never mind smile

3. profile image0
      Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

Is nothing private?  Personal emails should remain just that.  If it sheds light on some scandal about which the public has the right to know, fair enough, but it just shows that there is no longer any right to a private life for public figures.

4. Anolinde profile image81
      Anolindeposted 12 years ago

6 "questionable" Governor Sarah Palin Emails uncovered.  Well, that's the title of the video, anyway tongue

5. TMMason profile image59
      TMMasonposted 12 years ago

So why doesn't someone get Obama's emails from his short Senate career, and how about those writings of his from college. I imagine the Left would be placed in a position of utter shame and embarassment should they be released. After all everyone who reads his books, with any integrity, can see the man is anti-White, anti-American and anti-Constitution, among other things. I would bet there is plenty of BS and hate towards America in his writings from those days.

TMMason, I tried to look at his transcripts (which are available online for Bush) but there was nothing there. Gee, wonder why that is.

1. TMMason profile image59
          TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Obama will not release anything.

On January 21st, 2009, his very first day in office, Barack Obama implemented and signed into law Executive Order 13489. The Executive Order that states that only the records he chooses to be made public will be released?

This is the subject that was at the absolute top of his agenda?

He has completely hidden his past. The Obama records which have not been released include;

• Passport records

• Obama kindergarten records

• Punahou School records

• Occidental College records

• Columbia University records

• Columbia thesis

• Harvard Law School records

• Harvard Law Review articles

• University of Chicago scholarly articles

• Illinois State Bar Association records

• Illinois State Senate records/schedules(said to be lost)

• Medical records

• Obama/Dunham marriage license

• Obama/Dunham divorce documents

• Soetoro/Dunham marriage license

• Adoption records

• Birth Certificate

So far, no one really knows who this person who calls himself Obama really is.

Georgia is the latest state to propose legislation that questions whether President Barack Obama was born in the U.S., joining the other states who have measures that want more proof before his name is put on the 2012 ballot.

The 11 other states with similar pending bills include: Arizona, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Connecticut, Indiana, Nebraska, Tennessee, New Hampshire and Maine. The measure has failed this year in Montana.

Was Obama Born in Kenya, Hawaii, Mars….I don’t know. A document or piece of paper from the 60s can be very easily forged. Record keeping then, wasn’t what it is today. The illegal’s in 2011 don’t seem to have a problem getting fake IDs, licences….

Just the possibility that someone could so easily “infiltrate” our government is the scary thing for me. Pros and Cons have looked at this issue and both have come up with their form of proof that comes down to nothing more than just a piece of paper.

I suggest no conclusion as to whether Obama is eligible or not. But the citizens whom the media and political pundits dismiss as “birthers” have raised legitimate questions. That legitimacy is fueled by Obama”s curious, even bizarre, refusal to consent to the release of the relevant records. Perhaps there is nothing to the issues raised. Or perhaps there is. This is potentially serious business. If it turns out that Obama knew he was ineligible when he campaigned and when he took the oath as President, it could be the biggest political fraud in the history of the world. As long as Obama refuses to disclose the records, speculation will grow and grow without any necessary relation to the truth. The first step toward resolving the issue is full discovery and disclosure of the facts.

We need to make our states require transparency and proof of eligibility. Contact your local congressman and senators now. Let’s solicit our lawmakers to put this eligibility issue to rest before 2012.

I'm right there with you. And it's all about race, right. Good grief, how about being the "most transparent" President ever? Yeah right.

The media screamed for bush to release all his records... but I hear the crickets over the din of this calling.

Nice double standard in the Left wing media complex.

No kidding, because, once again, it's racist to question him in any way.

2. TMMason profile image59

Oh and I am so glad all the Leftists on here are looking at this and explaining it... yeah right.

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
            dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

To me, a seated President would most definetly want to show his record and stop all the mess. It would be a big boost if he proved it all wrong, and give him much mometam. But he remains aloof for his own reasons.

you wouls thinka seasoned politican would seize the moment and the spot light if it were all false?

You know I am not saying he is or isn't valid in his holding of the office. But I think all these docs should be out in the open. What is he hiding?

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
                Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He did make his birth certificate public and gave copies to all of the press. I'm sure you are going to say they were false birth certificates though. I've read some of your other posts.

why did it take him so long? what is he so ashamed of? and he actually had questions about McCain being a citizen because he was born in the Panama Canal Zone! what a joke.

He should release them all... Bush did. The Left made damn sure he did.

And what in my other posts would  make you think i would say it was fake? I am alot of things, but I am not a birther. But they had a right to see that certificate. And that is just the truth of the matter.

2. KK Trainor profile image60

I think that the Clinton's were afraid to pull out the big guns because Bill had already been called a racist during the primary and was very hurt. Otherwise there may have been some pretty intersting stuff coming out back then. If anyone could get the scoop it'd be them and their cronies. But the media made it impossible for anyone to question Obama or his qualifications, so now we're stuck with him.

Thanks a lot MSNBC!!!

3. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a pile of partisan rubbish! It seems there is no depth some will not plunge to in the attempt to discredit pollies who are "the enemy."

Of course ensuring America does not recover by lying about the President is OK. You can sit around in the rubble and say he failed.

No one here is calling anyone the "enemy" as that will get one into big trouble. And this is just politics, not war.

I have every right, however, to want every bit of background information that we are normally provided by our candidates. In Obama's case we received none. NONE. That is not partisan, it is fact. No lying, just fact.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60
                uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is this what you had in mind when talking about enemies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAhwTQ784IY

Was this what you had in mind when talking about Barry failing?

http://www.social-europe.eu/2011/06/the … conomy-ii/  Bob Reich was one of the early big supporters of this wreckage and he still can't get it right except the US is in deep trouble that cannot be solved by a man who has no notion how hard it is on the unemployed.

Barry shows his empathy while unemployment and underemployment remain high for the longest period since the depression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy8jlsAdN-k

To misquote that honored observer of America and American politics, Pogo.

He has met the enemy and he thinks it is us.

6. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

CNN Mid day Monday 6/13/11 said some are asking, was it even necessary?

just another ploy to take our minds of the real issues. I still think Palin is a Tea Party plant to disrupt any early G.O.P. front runners, because Rand does not have the Funds, Romney or Bachman , or Kain have access to.

feels like it to me.

Rand? Do you mean Ron?

A tea party plant? The infiltrator and plants are the progressives who have screwed us for 100 years now to help their lil leftist buddies.

7. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 12 years ago

I wanna see Pelosi's emails for the last four years. Now there would be some scandal !

1. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thats the truth

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)