jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Could this possibly be true??

1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Obama took this many assistants, doctors, chefs, etc. with him to London for the G-20 in 2009?? I sure don't remember seeing, hearing, or reading anything about it here in the U.S. Is it a hoax? Anyone know?

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think nothing was said about this as it is probably the normal policy for our president when he travels anywhere. I seriously doubt that any president before him stopped by the local fish and chips shack for dinner, nor did they go to the local hospital waiting room if a medical problem developed. I might have a problem with it if there had been anything to show how many people travelled with every other president before him. With out that information, this looks like an attempt to start another week of scream fests by the right.

When you compare the cost of this to the total cost of Bush's illegal wars, it loses it's impact now doesn't it? Dont forget the millions of dollars that the Bush admin claimed to have lost in Iraq, or the millions that Vheney's company of Ha;lliburton stole with their construction jobs that had to be rebuilt due to our soldiers having feces falling on them from the floors above.

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I partially agree, but all that about Bush was on the news in the U.S. I wouldn't expect the POTUS to take along a loaf of bread, a jar of jelly, and peanut butter with him, but 6 doctors??

I remember when W went somewhere (London?), he had a large entourage because of protestors, and the media jumped all over it.

1. John Holden profile image60
          John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But six doctors for five hundred head, not one.
          I seem to remember something about this and it was greatly inflated. But I can't really remember and it doesn't bother me enough to research.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

don't know why, but it is not unusual for a traveling Preasident to have attending staff along with him for reasons not disclosed. It is done a lot actally, including promised favors as a reason, never disclosed.

2. Judi Burton profile image80
    Judi Burtonposted 5 years ago via iphone

Stump: very true, plus we tend to forget how many vacations dear old W took during his presidency. God forbid Obama actually work.