jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Fight for Something

1. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 6 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5163527_f248.jpg
    We are the Fighting Irish, what do you fight for?

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

smiling at this one

American Viewposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am suprised with all the fighting and arguing on this site, I thought this would have gotten a lot of responses. Fooled me

1. profile image0
          Texasbetaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry- memorizing a TSA manual forever today. You knew I'd post though.

LOL you know I did

2. profile image0
      Texasbetaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

YYYYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am Irish, of the Mac an Bhaird clan, my blood from the lands of Ulster. I FIGHT FOR ALL OF YOU, your families, your children, and our future!

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Well, I've been fighting for my right to be viewed as an equal by a lot of people who can't seem to see a woman as an equal.

I've been fighting to create awareness of women's issues in general.

Fighting for awareness of a variety of issues associated with children.

More and more I'm trying to figure out ways to fight for awareness that very elderly people (even when loved and treasured) are often not see as the capable, competent, individuals they are.

I've been fighting for vindication in a very complicated and long-running legal issues that has been going on as part of my life for years.

I'm in the process of figuring out how to put together a book that may help fight the massive waste of taxpayer dollars that I don't even hear anyone else talking about.

That's all that come to mind immediately right now; but I've pretty much been fighting for something all my life (and, yes, I'm half Irish - but also Scottish  smile  ).

Hi Lisa, thanks for responding.

First I to am 1/2 Irish, and not the Obama Irish and 1/2 Scottish. My name is a Scottish name. Have you looked for your tartans?
      It is sad but true that there are some who do not see woman as equals. I admit I was one of them at one time. The first time a woman was assighned to my house I was not happy. I was less happy whaen I had to rescue her from a structure for the second time. I had her transfered out. She was replaced by another woman. I was even less happy thinking here we go again. I was never more wrong She turned out to be a great firefighter and could do the job as good as anyone. She was there on 911. while she did not die that day she has passed from lung cancer 2 years ago. I always looked at woman as an equal, or so I thought till then. I do not make that mistake anymore.
      Issues for the elderly are to long to list here. Gut we need to do more for them.
      As for your book, check out my blog on tax reform. I have been trying to get someone on the hill to take a look at the brad strokes I put in the blog. I think it is a good start to be expanded on.
      http://taxreformgh.blogspot.com/

1. Lisa HW profile image82
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

American View, I'll take a look (but not right now  smile ).  My brain is functioning because I have no coffee to help me sleep. lol     6:00 a.m., and some place will be open to get coffee.   smile

I haven't looked for tartans.  My niece has been in the process of getting a bunch of ancestry info, and she's got tons of it back to - like - the 1500's (I think).  It's a lot easier to find info on that side than the Irish side. 

Just thinking about those people who went into the buildings on 911 is so sobering.  That's one of the "loss-for-words" things when I think of them.

Anyway, I'll look at your tax reform thing soon.   smile

Lisa
          here a place to start for the tarans
          http://www.tartans.scotland.net/find_tartan.cfm.htm

I have not been back to the WTC site since that time. Not sure if I ever will

3. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

I am fighting for the Miami Heat and Lebron James!!!

(stop throwing tomatoes, people! OUCH!)

working