jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Still believe in America?

1. American View profile image61
    American Viewposted 5 years ago

Americans... still believe in an America where anything's possible - they just don't think their leaders do

Barack Obama

Do you believe the American dream is still alive? I know its hard to with a President who would rather give speechs and interviews than deal with the business of the country.

Huntsman/Bachmann 2012

1. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If that's an Obama quote, I have to go with him.

Politics has become a slave to corporations.

As the world shrinks, human population grows, as earths natural resources shrink and become more necessary and valuable, as corporations become more powerful and money is controlled by what I view as a New World Order cabal, in my mind, the America of the past 100 yrs has ended and massive change is inevitable.

That change will not be appreciated by we older folks who feel that we've lived during the best years of America, but will be normal for the young who will grow and adapt to a world that they will eventually control and we who are about to pass will not understand.

If we can make it thru the next 50 yrs without a massive reduction in human population and I could survive, alive, I'd be a believer in miracles.

2. TMMason profile image75
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do.

3. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

I would hopefully believe that America will finally join the rest the rest of the industrialized nations and get with the times. We're still lacking behind in education and our current health care system is a joke. Americans want want want but don't want to pay for it. Gee wasn't that the basis for the Revolutionary War? We love tax breaks - Bush was passing that out like candy but failed to realize that the money has to come from somewhere. Someone has to pay for the massive amount of services we all want. Borrowing from China isn't the answer. Our grandchildren will be still paying for Bush's tax cuts. Universal health care is within reach for everyone (not just retired folks who have Medicare. Medicaid, etc. which, buy the way pays about 75% of the hospital bills in this country). The Tea Baggers want our country back. Back from what?! The days of our forefathers who signed the Constitution have been over for 230 years! Days before the industrial revolution that brought us child labor, wage and employee discrimination, etc. (a time when this country was a pure capitalist country). No longer are they days when you paid your rent with a jug of whisky and compensated your doctor with a home made pie and a couple of chickens. When we Americans can finally get our s**t together and make some crucial changes, then we can brag how we are number one like our fathers and grandfathers did.