jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (19 posts)

Great message from Obama!

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ … rhood.html

I'm not a big Obama fan, but I've always believed that he's a wonderful father. He serves as an excellent role model to fathers everywhere, especially to young dads.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"Obama on not having his father around: "Even though my sister and I were lucky enough to have a wonderful mother and caring grandparents to raise us, I felt his absence,” Obama said. “And I wonder what my life would have been like had he been a greater presence." "

I wonder if he would have been too much like his father...I think his mom and her side were level headed and not as extreme as his dad's views...

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

In his Book Dreams of my Father he has a quote from His Mother. He asked her what it would have been for him if His father was around?

She said: You are a lot like him, and The two of you would have argued all the time, because of your pride!

The Book seemed to hint his father had an arrogant aire and Obama inherited his obstanance.

Confidence, is what I would personaly call it.

1. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He is a LEO. And Leos and Pride go hand in hand.

2. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very non partisan of you Habee. smile
      I like the man I see.

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Ernesto. I can disagree with someone and still like him/her. I really don't see how anyone could doubt Obama's devotion to his girls, and I think that's an important trait. There are just too many crappy parents in the world!

1. earnestshub profile image88

An obvious love of children is a good human trait in my view too. smile

1. habee profile image89

Which is something I really like about you! I will NEVER understand grandparents who have nothing to do with their grandchildren, even when they live in the same town.

1. earnestshub profile image88

Thank you Habee, the feeling is mutual.
              I know how lucky I am. They will be home soon. I look forward to the enthusiasm for everything that will arrive with them! lol

2. Evan G Rogers profile image82
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

How much did that video cost me as a tax payer?

1. Diane Inside profile image86
      Diane Insideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You don't want to know.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would make a wild guess and say $1,345,675.  In other words, they took your entire 2010 federal tax payment and made this video.  I want to be the first to thank you for this excellent contribution. I'll bet it's actually the best thing you've ever done.  Thanks again!smile

3. habee profile image89

Why would you think the video was costly to make? Don't you think it provides a great message to fathers and future fathers? As a teacher, I saw hundreds of kids with no father in their lives. If the message helps just a few kids, it's worth the cost.

agree

1. habee profile image89

Thanks, Dutch. BTW, is that your dog? I used to have a Goldie that looked almost just like that! His name was Rascal.

thats Benny, as in Jack Benny, a little prankster! Swipes neighbors stuff, and I catch holy he..!  He likes to get in the Desk Chair and look at the monitor when I get up.

2. K9keystrokes profile image92
        K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you habee;
        "If the message helps just a few kids, it's worth the cost."

Much respect for your honest and level headed feelings towards a political figure you may not agree with on many points. You are always amazing my dear. wink

1. habee profile image89

Wow! Thanks for that!

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago

How dare the Obamas continue doing things like this, The first lady tries to find a way to give children healthy food to eat and now The president acts like a responsible parent. No wonder this country is in as bad as shape as it is. Is there is no end to their diabolical schemes to ruin this country. BTW I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being disresectful. I'm pointing this out in case you dont have a dictionary handy

working