Welcome To The POLICE STATE Arrested Recording Police From Her Yard

1. TMMason profile image76
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

WQelcome to the POLICE STATE.

A woman in Rochester, NY was allegedly arrested last month when she decided to film a traffic stop that happened in front of her house. With camera in hand, she reportedly stood in her front yard and filmed the events. But after recording for a little while, eventually an officer started addressing her, telling her that he didn’t feel “safe” with her recording him and telling her to go into her house. She refused, saying she had the right to record from her front lawn. He disagreed. That eventually led to her arrest:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/woman-a … ront-yard/

WHEC-TV reports that Emily Good is no stranger to conflict:

I-Team 10 has learned she’s no stranger to police. She was arrested in March with a group of others who tried to block a home on Ravenwood Avenue from foreclosure. Ironically, police videotaped Good and other protesters while arresting them that day.

Local Councilman Adam McFadden told WHEC, “It did not look well for us in terms of how we police and what it is we’re attempting to accomplish for public safety.”

She has the right to protest foreclosures in a peaceful way, and record anything from her property or sidewalk, without the police seeking to get revenge on here for doing so. Seems to me this is retaliatory in nature.

2. HattieMattieMae profile image69
    HattieMattieMaeposted 5 years ago

Seems if you're on your own property you should be able to film what ever you want too. But of course the police some times feel they have more power, and can basically arrest you for what ever charge they want to come up with.
    It's your words against their words, and unless you have witnesses, what you going to prove?

1. 0
      Texasbetaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cops are out of control these days...then again, I guess they always have been.