jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy

1. 0
    Texasbetaposted 5 years ago

The Republicans voted to raise the debt ceiling 7 times during W Bush. Now, they are so morally offended by the idea that they have to get up, storm out of the room, and denounce the existence of the room. When Democrats claim we should end tax subsides for the most profitable companies in the history of the world, the oil companies, Republicans just CAN'T even breath the same air as those Democrats who proposed such a horrid idea. They want us to be fiscally responsible (in words only in reality), cut spending, but instead really want us to keep spending on things like paying the most profitable companies ever created tax subsidies for merely existing, tax breaks for shipping jobs overseas, etc....and then to default on our debts. Again folks...children in grown bodies. They don't believe what they say. They are guaranteeing bad outcomes, sacrificing the nation's future, merely to push the economy into such bad shape so they might get elected...mind you, elected into the very government they want to end (again, in words only). I have never seen so many people doing everything they can to get into a group that they allegedly hate so much. What a crock.

1. lovemychris profile image79
      lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know! Bachmann wants to be a gangster!
      In fact, she worked for the IRS too....That chick has been a gangster for a looooong time.

Perry wants to be president of what? Texas only???

Gvt sucks gvt sucks gvt sucks....but give me MY teat!

And here's my favorite: picture Boehner, all orange-faced and angry: "Mr President....where are the jobs?"
      Now, it's *chirp* *chirp* crickets...........only tax cuts for wealthy and program cuts for poor.

Starve the Beast/Feed the Monster.

Third-World USA.

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago

Ok both sides are getting their jollies out of the newest crisis "the debt ceiling".  The outcome is already known just like pro wrestling. 

1. Big problem, "the debt ceiling",  all the while pushing us closer to an imminent and utter "collapse of the system". 

2.  Reaction, the population gets scared and aggressive towards each other cuz the sky is falling  AGAIN!!!!!!!!  the people scream for solutions.  EEEEK!!!

3.  Solution, a last minute deal that completely solves the problem.  The very same solution that our corrupt government wanted all along.

Same damn manipulation every time.

Then OUR politicians all get together in the Congressional saunas and sing kumbaya to their corporate masters. 

It does not matter who "holds" office, same darn agenda.

3. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

"Someone on minimum wage would have to work over 34,000 hours to make what Michele Bachmann did from farm subsidies"