Be Careful About Having Your Cell Phone Hacked

1. 0
    Average Joe 20198posted 5 years ago

I just had my number changed recently because someone hacked my cell number.  A few months ago, a police officer called me saying how a little 14 yr old was receiving text messages of a sexual nature from my number. When the officer asked me about it on the phone, I told her the truth about how I honestly have never even spoken to the girl in my life, nor have I ever sent text messages like that to anyone. 

Then the officer went on to tell me how allegedly the girl claimed the person texting her was actually a friend of hers that she met in real life.  Not only is that completely untrue, but she lives in another damn state.  A state that I have never even set foot in my entire freaking life, and yes I do have proof to back up my claim.  As I told the officer, I never even been to the same state where she lives in my entire life, and I'd be more than happy to provide proof to that.  Well, she did believe me fortunately, but she told me how hackers have figured out ways to text someone using your cell phone number to do it without you knowing it.  I asked my cell phone provider to change my number, and to see if ANYTHING could be done besides changing my number, and she says the technology doesn't exist yet to prevent it.  Anyways, that's my story. I just wanted to get it out there, so you too won't fall into the same trap, as I would hate for you all to find out that some pervert was texting an under age child with your number. 

And yes, I did report it to my local authorities too in case any of you are wondering.  Thanks for your time, and have a wonderful day.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

Wow, that must've been one helluva a ordeal to go through. Glad to hear you got it resolved though.

3. Rpenafiel profile image75
    Rpenafielposted 5 years ago

I’m glad to know that you were able to settle that problem. The possibility for our cell phone to be hacked is really frustrating. This is why sometimes, I’ve thought that the availability of simple phones, which can’t be hacked, is giving us a good option to stay safe from any hacker out there.