Vargas, Illegal and I had No choice

1. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 5 years ago

Elliot Spitzer is interviewing Vargas, the journalist that came forward about being here illegally. It was not his fault. His parents came here when he was 12. He did not find out he was illegal till he was 16 when he tried to get  drivers license. He then went on to sign his name illegaly to documentaion to get a drivers license, to apply for jobs, to get into theWhitehouse to interview Obama. IN THE WHITEHOUSE!! He used false ID signed documents that clearly asked if he was illegal and he lied. Where was the Vetting, the background check. No wonder we have what we do in Washington, but thats another debate. Vargas claims he did not know what to do over the next 14 years. So how about this, go to the immigration office and fill out the proper papers to get his green card. He has revealed this secret  a month ago and guess what . HE HAS STILL NOT APPLIED and he admitted so in his interview.

He was interviewed because he is pushing a book he wrote about this and his life. Really? Since it takes more than a month to write a book and get it published and sent to stores, one can conclude he has planned this fro a long time I bet if he did not write this book we never would have found out he was illegal for he would not have come forward

What do you think should happen to him?

1. livewithrichard profile image87
      livewithrichardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think his book should sell a million copies and he can be the first to take advantage of the DREAM ACT once it passes.

1. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have no problem with him being sucessful, in fact he already is. But his claim of not knowing what to do does not fly plus continueing to break the laws of "the land I love so much", those were his words. I am not saying he has to become a citizen, thats up to him, but if you can fill out the forms for everything and the illegal ID he has, he can fill out the forms and get a green card.