jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Obama Bias Against Texas

1. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 5 years ago

On Friday, 6=31=2001, The Obama administration announced that the president had signed a Texas Disaster Declaration declaring "a major disaster exists in the State of Texas" and ordering "federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the area struck by wildfires during the period of April 6 to May 3, 2011."

It took almost 3 months for Obama to finally sign the relief asked  fro 3 months ago. The other fires in the nation recieved there disaster relief actions while those fires were still burning. There have been several bad tornados this year. Obama has visited those site and declared them disasters right away, except for the ones in Texas which he did not even bother to visit. He would still have not signed the relief if it was not for the pressure he started to feel from congress

WASHINGTON -- In early June, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) bluntly claimed on national TV that the Obama administration was biased against her home state. The evidence: while Texas was suffering from wild fires and a tough-to-control border with Mexico, the president had failed to authorize relief for either of these needs.

"I see a bias in this administration against Texas … yes, I do see it in this administration, absolutely. We didn't get the help in the wildfires that I think any other state would have gotten," said Hutchison. "I think if you look at the things that have not happened in Texas, I think it is pretty clear that there is a bias against Texas. Even in the border issues we are not getting the help we should have from the federal government to secure the 1,200-mile border we have with Mexico. So I do think that a lot of the rhetoric has rubbed the administration wrong, and we have had to fight hard for our fair share."

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting.  Of course I'm in Tejas.  I'm told that the feds actually started the fire in the first place. .. .accidentally while pretending to do something.

American Viewposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have not heard that one, but would not suprise me. Forrest Rangers always try to do "controlled burns". The theory is to burn away the under brush as to prevent a major forrest fire. Problem is they lose control of the majority of the burns.  After all these years, they still have not learned their lesson and continue the practice

2. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought Texas seceded from the Union a while back!   You know...because of the embarrassment Dubya caused the nation and all.  lol

1. Paul Wingert profile image78
        Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If Texas seceeded, Bush would probably be re-elected as their president!

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You mean "Emperor" don't you Paul?  smile

1. Paul Wingert profile image78
            Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, "Emperor" lol

2. American View profile image60

Always go with a good thing. Do you think if Chicago seceeded they would vote for Obama, would not happen. Latest polls that break down state by state shows he may not carry his home state in the next election, its that close

2. Gail Anthony profile image61
    Gail Anthonyposted 5 years ago

Senator Kay should have visited the sites also.  The California fires burned forests of huge trees and million dollar houses.  The Texas fires burned thousands of acres of sagebrush, two barbed wire fences, and a $33.00 outhouse.

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol

I blame it all on the entitlement culture myself.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Texas was very proud of their governor when he talked tough about secession.

The same governor has his hand out for federal money. Reality time - you want the benefits of being in the club? Pay your dues and don't grumble about it.

Doug,

The money is not for him. It is for the residents of Texas to  get low interest loans to rebuild, to help fund the relief services provided like the shelters(they do not get any money from states) volunteer organizations to help refund some of their expenses. Etc. BTW, since O-man was snubbing his nose at people who do not support him, Perry had Texas give low interest loans to the residents. So much for Perry holding his hand out, well actually he did, to flip off O-man.

1. TMMason profile image73
            TMMasonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No AV, you heard him... being American is not enough. You do not support and help to advance their agenda, you get nothing.

Very telling about how they like the Govt to be when they are in power.

And Rick Perry is and always has been a Progressive guys. See; NAFTA Super-Highway and NAFTA. He was a major part of that effort.

2. American View profile image60

Gail,

Do nor quit your day job, Comedy is not your strong point. The only Difference is in California the rich people who back O-man lost their homes, in Texas the middle class and poor lost their homes but they were not O-man supporters. So much for his hype about doing and protecting the middle class

3. TMMason profile image73
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

No bias... the facts speak for themselves.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ … ml?showall

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2007/09/musli … ze-us.html

And lets not forget how well those negotiations with Khaddaffi have turned out.

And those negotiations with Al'qaeda are doing well also...

And we have spent more time investigating US Soldiers than any Muslim terrorists... So...

Obama's America...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5224130_f248.jpg

working