jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Acquitted of daughter's murder, Big Money Awaits Casey Anthony

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

ORLANDO, Fla.  — The verdict on the murder charge was "not guilty," and Casey Anthony likely will soon be a free woman. The question now is, "What's next?"
    She could take advantage of interest in the case to make a lot of money, according to People magazine writer Steve Helling.
    "We are looking at networks, magazines that may pay; that will lead to books and movies, and (Casey) can make a lot of money off that," Helling told NBC station WESH-TV.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43655349/ns … ?Gt1=43001
    in NY, they have the Son of Sam law which eliminates or limits profits from crime..this makes me sick!yikes

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
      I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Son of Sam law only applies when a person is charged and then convicted of a crime, so even if this happened in NY Casey Anthony would be able to sell her story now that she's been acquitted of the murder charge.

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yep you're correct...so maybe it should be a law anyway...

2. 0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 5 years ago

From the buzz that I'm hearing and reading, this case has many similarities to the OJ case in that a person who for all intents and purposes appears to have committed a murder, is miraculously set free.  Keeping that in mind, look at OJ's life since his acquittal.  He has spent time in jail, been involved in other questionable legal entanglements and seems to have a chaotic personal life, including his relationship with his children.  I expect that Casey Anthony's troubles will not end with her acquittal.  Someone as disturbed as she is, coupled with her now hidden guilt will end up in the news again with other difficulties, all stemming from her undiagnosed psychiatric problems and guilt from murdering her precious daughter.