jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

A new Declaration of Independence

1. Moderndayslave profile image61
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

This writer nailed it so why can't the rest of us get it?

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/07/06 … e-expired/

2. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

"This writer nailed it so why can't the rest of us get it?"

this is why, IMO:

"I deleted my first post, simply because I wouldn't want anyone to think I would whole heartedly support the article you have posted now."

It has been ingrained in us not to question Israel. She called the guy predjudiced, but we have people talking about the evils of Islam and Muslims all the time...are they predjudiced too? No one ever says so.
    And our whole Congress can whole-heartedly support Israel, and no one says a word.

This is the wall that must be climbed, Modern Day.
    It's quite the mind-F, as John Stewart would say.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes. He is prejudiced. Do I support Israel? To an extent that they have a right to exist. Do I sympathize with the plight of the Palestinians? Most assuredly.

The problem I have with the article is the same problem I have with people who argue the Israeli side. That is their problem. Of their making. Not ours.

American politicians need to approach that region from what is in America's best interests. Not theirs. This guy is obviously bias.

3. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

"Not ours."

Unfortunately, it is plenty of our making. WE are the ones who are biased! We supply money and weapons to Israel.
    We manufactured the White phosphorous they bombed Palestinian civilians with....which is againts the law btw. But-hey, it's Israel, so no one cares.
    The IDF shot an American kid in the head....to me, that's an act of war, but-hey, it's Israel, so no one cares.

During Bushco, there must have been 2/3rd of the upper echelons of gvt that were dual citizen Zionists.....how it THAT right, in this country? Are we not an independent nation?

Sorry-- my blinders are off. We are deeply involved and complicit, and it is has never been about the best interests of America. IMO

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't argue that things haven't been done the way I might have done. But I harbor no resentment, or bias, toward either side.  I have no intentions of arguing this with you. You appear to be passionately opinionated on the topic.

Passionately biased opinions are, imho, incompatible with even handed ideas on how America should handle Middle Eastern policy. They are volatile enough on that side of the world, without our help.

4. Moderndayslave profile image61
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

working