Violent Video Games

1. Beyond-Politics profile image87
    Beyond-Politicsposted 5 years ago
    Last week, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the state of California's ban on the sale of violent video games to minors (there was a $1,000 penalty levied on those found guilty of doing so). Do you believe that violent video games influence childrens' behavior negatively?

2. Paul Wingert profile image80
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

The law does state that the video games (and movies and so on) has a suggested age for the user. As far as violent video games influencing a child's behavior is minimal. We seen the cases where a teenager goes berzerk and acts out their violence on other people and they claim it's from the video games that they play. Maybe true, but you have to consider that the teen was unstable to begin with. It's kinda like a vet returning home from war and suddenly goes on a seek and destroy mission where someone gets injured or killed. And  it's blamed on their experience in combat or something in that nature. Not all returnig vets or teens that play violent video games carry it over into real life. The ones that do are nuts to start with. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to finish my game of Grand Theft Auto.

3. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

I can only speak from my own experience. As a teen I played Mutant League Hockey, Safari, Primal Rage and a few more that escape my memory. Twenty years later, I am a devout pacifist.