i figured out our problem

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (40 posts)
  1. OLYHOOCH profile image62
    OLYHOOCHposted 12 years ago

Obama, needs the debt celling raised so he can cover those 57 States.

Republicans, know we only have 50 States.
    Just remember, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT.

OLY

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Republicans know tax cuts create jobs too....how brain-dead do you have to be to be a Republican?

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

The state of republican ignorance, the state of republican destroyed education, the state of republican destroyed healthcare, The state of republican destroyed financial markets, The state of Republican destroyed employment opportunities, The over reaching state of republican backed religion. The states that allow a parent to sacrifice their child to god with prayer healings. This state was brought about by the efforts of rebulicans.

There are 7 more states that you neglected to mention.

4. kateperez profile image58
    kateperezposted 12 years ago

You know what?  I'm a republican, and you are sorely confused.  We're not all a bunch of illiterate hicks sucking on grass stalks wearing our bib overalls and slapping our knees while saying shucks when we shoot at the deer or bunny and miss.

How DARE anyone just use a blanket statement to BLAME an ENTIRE group of people... When such a broad statement includes an ENTIRE group of people then no one gets past the first sentence...   

You win no votes with pointing fingers... You win no friends with the blame game, and you win no prizes for being ignorant and all-consuming of a particular thing you clearly are not fully aware of.

Tired of being blamed for everything wrong with the world,

Republican-me.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The republicans use that tactic freely, lumping all lefties together. Don't you know we're all as bad as the worst?.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
        Jim Hunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not you John, you're different.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image62
          uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

John is different.  Do you detect a note of congeniality in John?  If I make it to the U.K. I want to have a pint with John at his favorite pub.

2. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So it's bad if Republicans do it, but okay for Democrats?

2. Jim Hunter profile image61

Kate, its a waste of time, believe that.

5. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

You haven't been around here much have you?

The righty's here blame Obama if Bush sneezes. If Palin farts...it's Obama's fault!

The debt? Obama's fault.
    The wars? Obama
    The deficit? Obama

The last 100 years of American History? Obama's fault.

And Democrats are to blame for the housing crisis, TARP, and the vast disparity in incomes in America----even though ALL those can be laid at Repubs feet!

It's not 2 wings of the same bird....
    It's different as night and day.

Democrat-me.

1. thooghun profile image94
      thooghunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The point is, Kate did not claim any of the things you say despite being a Republican. Just because the vast majority appear too, it doesn't mean everyone is. That's all she said. Ironically, by using blanket statements such as "The righty's here..." you are simply reinforcing her point.

1. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

NO--there is a difference between a righty and a republican.....and trust me, the righty's here blame Obama for everything...that's a fact!

I'm sure the lefties give 'em hell right back.

So--what's the problem? She seems to be saying, when we do it, it's ok! But when you do...ohhhhhhhhhh, foul!

And here's what they do!:

"Surplus or deficit, expansion or recession, male pattern baldness or erectile dysfunction, for Republicans the cure is always tax cuts. Throw in a few wars; and just maybe tremendous debt will follow. Then, we cut those unpleasant ‘entitlements.’"
            --John Chait

I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise, I'm just having a hard time understanding where you get the impression she was saying that.

1. American View profile image60
                American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because like everything else, she makes it up as she goes

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
                  Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In the area of making stuff up, you are an EXPERT!

Nice to see you still will not admit you were wrong when even Quill agreed with me. well what can you do, you cannot lead a horse to water as they say.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Just because the zoo allows you to fling poop at each other, does that make it a good way to interact? The current 'government, is just this thread writ large. More concerned with soiling the enemy than achieving anything.

The Republicans in Congress are achieving something.

Stopping Obama's agenda is exactly why they were sent to congress in the numbers they were.

7. Stump Parrish profile image60

I'll say this Kate, I can't tell the real republicans from the rest any easier than I cante ll the true christians from the rest. You all wear the same clothes and vote the same way.  I don't have a problem with the large number of christians who assume that I'm a baby killer simply because I'm an atheist. I don't have a problem with those on the right stating that I'm not a red blooded American simply because I have diferent opinions. This tactic is used by both sides and if you can simply consider the source, it's your problem. Put on your big girl pants if you plan on hanging around here. You will become nothing more than atarget for the masses if you keep up this nit picking of yours. If you dont fit the mold of what I described, I probably wasnt talking about you. If you expect me to keep a list of each and every version of republican I come across and then address my comments by name to those I am thinking about, You need to take a refresher course in the definition of rediculous republican plans for solving problems. If you don't like the way thye water splashes arounf here, stay out of the pool.

"Put on your big girl pants if you plan on hanging around here."

Are you serious?

You need to direct that statement to the appropriate person on this thread. When she feels threatened by mere words on a computer screen she pushes the report button.

Big girl pants indeed.

You best not be talking about me.....I report when it's a direct attack and after several times of it.
        I reported you once, and you were still here.
        Same with Mason...I reported him once, and he was still here. And I told you both I was going to do it.
        Lady Love I reported for saying I hate America...repeatedly.
        Brenda I reported for saying I hate Jews.

That is it.
        If you were banned recently, twas not my doing. So don't try and smear just because you don't like.

Who are you?

Please stop addressing me, I feel threatened.

Buk Baaaaawk.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image62
            uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't feel threatened by an American liberal.  Lucky for America they lack the courage of their counter parts around the world other wise small business people in America would have much more in common with the Kulaks.

2. American View profile image60

LMC,

Not taking sides here, If you were truly threatened to you personally, I agree turn them in. But if you turned in those who claim hatred for something, I may no agree with their view but it is their right to say so. Just like your claims of "hatred of Bushco, all righties, and all bagggers" Repeatedly  I do not agree with your view, but I do not turn you in for your opinion.  Sorry , that to me is suppressing free speech

If I said repeatedly that you hate America.....you would have every right to report me.
            Same as if I said you hated Jews.

If someone says "You are a jew-hating anti-semite and you hate America"....that is a personal attack and hate speech.

I know---because it angers me in my gut.

They are not claiming hatred for something...they are claiming I hate it.

LMC,

We may not agree on much in the political world, but no one could make the mistake of thinking you are UnAmerican. You do show a passion for your responces. So you have the right to bet angry being called that, just as I get supremly angry at those who think 911 is fake. I would not be here in Rehab with a trach in my neck to stay alive otherwise. But despite my anger, people do have the right to their opinions on it. So even those who called me a liar and other things, I did not report them based on free speech. In fact 2 of them have become friends with me and we communicate outside of Hubpages.

I do not like Obama, but I do not hate him. He is my President and has my respect as such. Bit i do not like what he has done and I am not bashfull to say so. Many have accused me of being a "righty" or " I hate Obama" so I now what you mean about someone claiming I hate. But thats their opinion and I know different. But I still do not report them. I have reported 2 people for cussing and doing so very often. But they are still here cussing, so it seems Hubpages does not care about enforcing its TOS anyway.

I think some people get overboard here because they can be anominous. The debate would be much calmer if they met in person. I am a good judge of people, even those I have not met. I can read between the lines very well and tell what kind of people they are. Despite your anger, when I read between the lines I can tell you are a good preson,

Excellent write-up AV. The only think I disagree with you on is the following:

"So you have the right to bet angry"

I don't find that being offended, or angry should afford any rights or benefits, unless of course it is illegal, violent or coercive. Political correctness, the inability to question beliefs and other side-effects of this cultural doctrine, in my opinion, have severely limited progress and freedom on every side. As Thomas Payne said (or was it Mill?) those who suppress the views of others, suppress their own. You deny yourself the opportunity to question yourself.

You are exactly right about anonymity. If we only extended the same self-control (I get "offended" all the time) and courtesy online, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

8. Stump Parrish profile image60

NO Jimbob, I directed the comment directly at the person I was speaking to. If you feel the comment should be passed on, be my guest and make the effort yourself. I didn't mention anything about anyone reporting anyone else for anything. If you can manage it, staying on topic would really improve the odds that this entire process will still be a waste of words and breath. Kate knows what I was refering to woth the nit pickin remark. You don't due to the fact that you haven't been involved with the on going conversation. I know that this situation will not stop your next out of place outburst but, who knows? Some people do believe in miracles, not me but some people do.

You spell goodly.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
        Stump Parrishposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am aware of that fcact. You have pointed it out before. Got anything new or interesting to add? I thunk goodly to, ewe shuld try it four once.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)