jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

You have opportunity to establish a new country and invite people in.

1. parrster profile image87
    parrsterposted 5 years ago

What would be the benefits of living in your country? What would threaten those benefits, and how would you overcome those threats?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image84
      Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this
      1. kerryg profile image87
        kerrygposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's definitely an interesting concept. Do you know how they're planning to deal with water and sewage treatment? Didn't see anything about it in my (admittedly quick) read of the FAQ. I'd also be a bit concerned about the rise in sea levels and the severity and (possibly) frequency of hurricanes expected with climate change.

2. parrster profile image87
        parrsterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Entrepreneurial government on the high seas; Thanks for posting this Evan.
        Security would be a challenge for such places I could imagine, easy pickings for modern day pirates and seen as potential offshore head-quarters for organised crime rings.
        The fact we have oil rigs on the high seas proves it can be done. However, whether I'd want to live within the confines of such an unchanging vista is another consideration.

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

this is very interesting Evan

2. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

High tech prison... Working place - yes, living permanently -no!

3. RooBee profile image84
    RooBeeposted 5 years ago

Because in my country it is a requirement to wear one of the following items at least once per week: leather chaps, propeller hat, googly-eye glasses, or water wings.

We have daily National Happy Hour, every other water fountain contains (good) beer (these are taller, so the kiddies can't reach them of course), and we have already taken dramatic measures to ensure eventual ape invasion.

We are all terribly good-looking (it's something in the water, I'm sure), incredibly charming, and witty to boot. And humble.