what do you feel is the top ten social problems in america?

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image59
    Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago

what do you feel is the top ten social problems in america? why do you feel this way? what makes these the top ten?

1. preacherdon profile image80
      preacherdonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about top ten but I can give about 6:

Unemployment: our country used to be a leader in manufacturing but the greed of corporations have caused jobs to be shipped overseas; now there is not enough positions to meet employment demands unless we reinvent ourselves

Crime: Crime rate is up, court dockets are full and jails and prisons are overcrowded; the government tries to legislate morality but it is not working; clever lawyers and liberal judges have tainted the judicial system;  criminals roam the streets while innocent people lock themselves away. I believe this is closely related to drugs.

Drugs: I don't understand how our government who is supposed to be so technologically advanced cannot handle closing our borders to drug dealers and drug trafficking.

Education: Teachers are instructed to teach to a test and not to educate; kids often run the classroom; teachers are underpaid; school programs are defunded yet sports teams rake in millions every weekend. Go figure.

Government: our politicians seek office for personal gain rather than for public service; they are too busy squabbling over ideologies to do the country's business

Healthcare: The greed of pharmaceuticals and medical conglomerates have caused the cost of healthcare to skyrocket. People sometimes have to choose between health care and food.

I'm sure there are others, but these are mine.