jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Man who posed as Texas student gets prison

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) A former star athlete who posed as a teenager to play high school basketball in West Texas was sentenced Wednesday to three years in prison after reaching a plea deal, a prosecutor said.
    Guerdwich Montimere, 23, pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual assault and three counts of tampering with government records, said Ector County District Attorney Bobby Bland.
    Officials say the naturalized U.S. citizen from Haiti had graduated from high school in Florida, where he also played basketball, years before he moved to Odessa and presented himself as a ninth-grader named Jerry Joseph. Montimere was 21 and 22 when he played one season at Odessa Permian High, the same rabidly competitive school that inspired the book and movie "Friday Night Lights" about high school football. Montimere helped lead the Panthers to the 2010 state playoffs, but the team had to forfeit after his story unraveled.

read the article
    http://news.yahoo.com/man-posed-texas-s … 47499.html
    so how does a school district know who they area admitting into their district? didn't the district check his records? 
    it seems that a child predator can enroll into a school and date the girls,have sex and play on the sports teams..I know this isn't the first case of an adult pretending to be a school age student

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i'm surprised the SD or whoever he lived with did not notice he was about 10 years older than what he said he was - that's a huge gap...i think grade 9 is around 13 years.

2. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

Lots of people look young. People always think I am 10 years younger then I really am....

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

yeah if the administration believes everyone and goes by their looks then more pedophiles are going to have a field day..
    There are probably more cases than the public knows...