jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Politics

1. jyoti2929 profile image61
    jyoti2929posted 5 years ago

Do you want to be a make a part of Congress if someone will give you opportunity to join congress party?

1. princess g profile image60
      princess gposted 5 years ago in reply to this

no

2. profile image69
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

They don't have the guts to ask me to join.

3. melodyts profile image61
    melodytsposted 5 years ago

I don't want. Politics is known as a dirty game. Entering in the world of politics will possibly make your life messy.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

Does the topic refer to the U.S. Congress or the Congress Party in India?

http://www.indianchild.com/congress_party_india.htm

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I don't think they could pay me enough to tempt me to serve in the US Congress! I don't care much for venomous snakes.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haven't you ever wanted to be the Snake Lady at the circus?

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't mind handling nonvenomous serpents, Doug! Actually, I'd sort of like one as a pet, but hubby would freak. Besides, my Great Danes might eat it! lol

Doug, I have a question for you. As a liberal, if you HAD to vote for one of the GOP hopefuls, which would you choose? I want someone who's more of a social moderate or liberal while being a fiscal moderate-conservative, with just a little Libertarian thrown in. Does such a critter exist?? lol

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
          Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The answer is none. This is probably the only election cycle I have seen as an adult where that's true.

I could have voted for McCain. There are plenty of republican moderates in history. Nixon founded the EPA.

The only GOP candidate who hasn't sold his soul to the puppetmasters of the Tea Party is Romney. And I find his platform vile.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
            Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Huntsman hasn't sucked up to the Tea Party although he hasn't made the chart.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
              uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is there a connection between Huntsman's invisibility and his distance from the Tea Party groups?  Isn't he just Mitt Romney light?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
                Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not at all. He's hands down the best qualified GOP candidate. After all he served with honor in the Obama administration and with three other presidents Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush0 besides being governor of Utah. He actually knows something about foreign policy. And he's not a hard core social conservative whack job like Bachmann and Sanitorium. Moreover he's an Eagle Scout. However, he's too rational and capable for the current GOP base.

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
                  Repairguy47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Charles Whitman was an Eagle scout too, I'm assuming you remember him.

2. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm right here, habee!  Sadly, I'm not running. 

You and I think a great deal alike.  It's nice to know there are like minded individuals out there.

big_smile

6. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I, too, could have voted for McCain. But not with his Veep choice. roll

I think you are absolutely spot-on here, Habee (and M2C).
    When the economy is in the tanker we do NOT need a social conservative spreading "Christianity" in government. We need someone who understands economics and can lead us out of this morass.
    For good or bad, the government is NOT a business and can't be run like a business. Meg Whitman (former e-bay CEO) tried that in CA and got smoked. I don't think Romney's business background is playing well.

Centrist is always in vogue!

working