jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Should President and Congress go on vacation while economy collapses?

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Congress took their vacation after the last vote and now Obama is planning his Martha Vineyards vacation at the end  of the month. I think since we're in such dire straits why would they go on vacation instead of working on the economy? Assigning 12 people to head a committee in secret is not what the political process supposed to be about.
    I think the political representatives are more concerned with what their political backers want then the people who elected them..
    I am usually not politically involved but this is affecting me and so many of us now that it cant be ignored. i'm not blaming any one party..they all are to blame.
    OK I'm through venting

1. 0
      erikjohnsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I read an article that Congress has taken 5 weeks vacation so far this year.  I think all politicians are setting a bad example.  I agree that it is not a single party is is ALL politicians.  How can any American really feel that any politician is really looking out for their best interest and representing them in the right way.  They always make their promises to get elected but the truth is they never actually keep them!

2. AnnCee profile image79
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

What difference does it make?  They seem always to be on a holiday anyway.

3. hubzer profile image59
    hubzerposted 5 years ago

The Congress minds have been on vacation for the last 11 years. They spent trillions on global business in foreign countries .They grab a couple trillion bucks in taxes a year. They spend this money like it is vacation dough.Are we insane?

4. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

Maybe things get better when there on vacation....