jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

George Carlin and Bill Hicks for president

1. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 5 years ago

My friend klevifusha recently wrote a hub praising the talent of George Carlin.  It got me thinking about what the United States would be like today if those two were President and Vice President (any order).

Personally, I think the country would be incredibly better off and finally, common sense would prevail.  Marijuana would finally be legalized and stupidity would probably be punishable by death.  We would stop mucking around in other countries and I guarantee we would feed all of our hungry in our own country.

What do you think?
    Do you think it's plausible that one day we could see an actor or comedian making a serious run for the presidency?

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
      PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Plausible?  Actor Ronald Reagan already ran and won.

As for comedians, let's not forget the painfully funny GWB...

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
      Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

George Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008)  Although still more intelligent then most politicians, George would not qualify.

I am still holding out for Chuck Norris to be president.

If Chuck Norris decides to be president there would be no need for elections.

Chuck Norris would just be President.  :LOL:

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I'ld agree to that, the problem with politics is that it's full of politicians.

3. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Carlin would have to be pres, because Bill never made it to age 35.
    But I can imagine some platform items:

Carlin on taxes: "If churches are so interested in government why dont they pay their f***ing admission price like everyone else!"

on low cost housing: "Golf courses! Plenty of good land in nice neighborhoods that is currently being wasted on a meaningless and mindless activity."

on the war economy: "Can't build a decent car. Cant make a tv or vcr that's worth a f***. Cant educate our young people or get health care to our old people. But we can bomb the s*** out of your country alright!"

Hicks on gays in the military: "Anyone dumb enough to want to be in the military should be allowed in."

Hicks on marijuana reform: "Not only do I think pot should be legal, I think it should be mandatory."

4. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 5 years ago

At least we know Carlin would not take any crap

5. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

George Carlin was the most intelligent comedian/commentarian around.   Mr. Carlin called a spade a spade.  I enjoyed his analysis of organized religion and his stance on antiestablishmentarism.    Mr. Carlin would have made an excellent president.  It is very sad that he died-he will be missed very much.