McCain campaign suspension a ploy to keep Palin from having to debate?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (63 posts)
  1. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

What is this thing with Palin being so shielded from the press?  Evidently, they don't want her asked about the investigation into "alleged" wrongdoing in the troopergate scandal.  I'm thinking maybe she is the one orchestrating this, because I can't see her going along with it.

Now there will be no Vice Presidential debates?  COME ON!!  We all know that Joe Biden would squash her like a bug, so I guess there is no need for one, right?  WRONG! 

I TOTALLY agree with Obama that a President has to be able to multitask, and that they both have planes that could get them back and forth from Mississippi to Washington pretty quickly.  I'm sure the other 98 members of the senate could handle this without them.  McCain isn't on any relevant committees at all, so why does he think he is so damned important to the process?

I agree that the two people who may have to take over this mess in a few weeks should be kept up on what's going on, but this crap about suspending campaigns and doing away with Vice Presidential debates is just BS!  I'm sure of one thing, that this was a stupid move on McCain's part, and it will hurt him in the end. 

Well, at least he'll be able to blame Obama for NOT suspending his campaign during the crisis when he loses.  He'll have to have somebody to blame, surely not the fact that he chose a corrupt, lying, incapable politician for his running mate simply because she was a woman, then found out she was a disaster waiting to happen.  No, he'll blame Obama, because Obama is acting Presidential, saying he can handle this and his campaign. 

What a load of crap.

1. profile image58
      Yellowburgandyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

First of all didn't the President himself cancle his plans to stay in washington to deal with this crisis?  This is not a small crisis, this is large enough to effect each and every one of us.  This is about saving our economy not on debates.

2. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 15 years ago

I agree with one of your points, Palin should be exposed to the press. She should be taking questions and answering them. It's too close to the election for her not to! The debates Friday were supposed to be limited to foreign policy without any exchange between the candidates. That's is a shame since the economy is what's on people's minds now, but that subject has been reserved for the last scheduled debate.

I don't agree that Biden would squash Palin though. The problem is there's no way to know how she might do since everything she's said so far has been scripted. Biden is known for his tendency to put his foot in his mouth.

I wish too that the McCain campaign didn't put off the troopergate investigation. They should have just let it get done before the election and they should have allowed Palin to address the concerns. I really don't think they will be able to prove any wrong doing in that case.

As far as McCain going to Washington to work on the current economic problem, some would say he is doing that to look presidential, and it might just work for him!

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

I agree with you both in that we need to hear what Palin has to say.  I think there is somthing else going on with them because to go out of thier way to keep her quiet, something is up.  *scary*.

I do think that McCain is doing the right thing because that is part of his job right now, so to me it shows that he doesn't neglect his duties.  Some could argue that he is doing it for his personal interest, but I could say being on board to help solve (if you will) our economic crisis at the moment is more important to him then winning the election.  Which Obama seems to care more about at the moment. 

Don't know how this speaks to you.  I certainly wish McCain had not chosen "She Devil" for his running mate.  I was going to vote McCain until she came along.  Can he fire her?  smile

4. profile image0

Well I like her! I don't agree with all of her views, but I like her! She's fresh, she's not a Washington insider, and she's more like middle America than anyone else running and THAT is what I think appeals to so many Americans, so much so that we are willing to overlook some of the problems we might have with her views.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I liked her at first, but then she started saying some pretty "scary" things, she favors war and she is liar.  Of course all politicians are liars by nature but she lies about stupid things and if you want to lie, you might as well make it a good one.  lol.

I still think something is wrong.  Of course she is very pleasing to the eyes and it would be nice for a change to have a women as a leader, but not her.  But, you get to chose, your vote counts for something I just think you reconsider. 

Of course I don't like Obama either soooo.  tongue

5. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

I was never, except for one brief moment when Hillary lost, thinking of voting for McCain.  I think the Palin choice is blowing up in his face, and yes, it is scary that he (or she) won't let the press ask her questions.

I feel sorry for her, actually, in a way.  I don't think she knew what she was getting into when she took this thing on, and now nobody will know where she really stands on anything.  Her "brilliant" speech was written word for word by McCain's speech writers.  She did present it well, but hey, Obama presents speeches well.  That's not a qualification to be in the White House.

Yes, he can fire her, or she can drop out.  There was talk that if things started really going downhill for Obama after the Palin pick that Joe Biden would find some convenient way to drop out and they would put Hillary in to pull it out. 

This is the craziest campaign I've ever seen!

1. profile image0

I know! lol.  So Palin didn't write that speech?  Do you have proof of this?  Just wondering.  smile

1. profile image0
        daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Before the convention, it was all over that she was with McCain's speech writers composing her speech.  I'm sure she had some input, but they basically wrote it and told her what to say.

1. profile image58
          Yellowburgandyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

They didn't tell her to say Do you know the differance between a pitbull and a soccer mom?  Lipstick.  LOL  That was brilliant, she related herself to the average person, and she said it on her own, absolutely magnificent!

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So the average American considers themselves to be a pitbull? And this was a magnificent piece of speaking?

lol

6. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

Poppa, do you not think that 97 other senators, 435 representatives, the President and two economic experts can solve this without McCain?

I'm thinking he could handle it remotely.  Hell, the President went home to Texas for the weekend for how many years, and the country survived.

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes I suppose so after all he hasn't voted on anything in the senate since April!!! However,, as a senator it is his job and as a candidate for president who will inherit the mess I think it's wise to be a part of that's going on, don't you?

7. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

PB - She is not a Washington-insider because she has probably never been to Washington. But she has displayed all the negative traits - just in Alaska. Give her 6 months and she will be getting people fired and using her position to push her own agenda.

I find her views scary. and I know you did not look at the videos I left, but any one who thinks the war in Iraq is  a task from god is dangerous. These are her actual words:

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God"

1. profile image0

Yes, we've had this discussion already. I can pick all kinds of things that Obama said out of context and you'd find them just as scary. You have a personal bias because you are atheists so I understand where you're coming from. I certainly am not much on religion myself and I don't share much of Palin's views. I also find her voice annoying, but I still like her for the reasons I stated. Obama too has placed his ambition above his loyalty which is why he is where he is, but that's not why I'm not voting for him. Obama also voted for the patriot act and granted immunity to the telcoms. The democrats even with control of the congress have been shown to be weak. They have not stood up for our liberty and their economic policies and plans will spell disaster for America. We already have 55 Trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities with social security, medicare and medicaid, 11 trillions of debt and the democrats are talking about tax cuts and additional social programs that will cost billions more!
      Frankly all of the choices are bad and politicians in general are gutless scumbags that serve their own interests before that of the people, but we get what we deserve! We keep electing the same incumbents, we allow them to make the election rules that insure their reelection, We don't protest when they pass a law giving them automatic raises that they don't have to vote on...it goes on and on!!! Still I will vote for McCain because he is the lesser of the evils in my mind. Normally I would vote for Barr, the libertarian candidate, but this election is too important to allow Obama a win.

8. Mark Knowles profile image57

Well, I wouldn't say I took that out of context because I quoted a large chunk of text the first time, and linked to the video so you could see the entire speech all together.

And yes - you are right. Because I don't believe in god, having a woman who believes killing people is a task from god being potentially in command of the US's armed forces and nuclear arsenal scares me.

Even if I did believe in her particular version of god, she would still scare me.

I do agree that they are all lying scumbags though smile

We have the same issue in the UK. 2 to choose from, both of whom come from a long line of predecessors who have demonstrated nothing more than an eye for the main chance and a quick buck.

1. profile image0

Mark,

I gotta song for you.  Enjoy.  You may not like punk rock, but I think you would like this song.  NoFx, Your Wrong.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGaIaSJa630

I think you will like this one too.  Franco un-american.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpTmcq7nBg

smile

9. Mark Knowles profile image57

lol

Excellent ! I may have to add them to my blog. Check out this one for a giggle:

http://markpknowles.com/very-funny-vide … an-singer/

10. profile image0

lol.  That brings to meaning to sowow. 

try this one.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw49mm-CmNo   smile  you will love the "furious george" pick.

11. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

For all of those who would vote for McCain, did you ever hear of Phil Gramam ex US senator. He is the guy who snuck through
    all the deregulation that gave you enron and current economic melt down. Who is Phil Graham but McCain's ex economic advisor, who some say was slated to be McCain's Secretary of the Treasury if he won.

1. Ben Bush profile image60
      Ben Bushposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Is it possible that this is the other way around?

Regardless of what you think about her positions and her Christianity, do you get the impression that she can't handle herself in a debate. And I thing that's the problem......for the other side.

Biden, on the other hand, has a history of making ridiculous statments.

2. profile image0

Hold on fella! Bill Clinton is the one who signed the repeal of the Glass-Steagall act. It was Bill Clinton's man who headed up Fannie Mae, and Barack Obama and Chris Dodd received more money in campaign contributions from Fannie Mae then anybody else! And Dodd by the way received a sweetheart mortgage deal from Countrywide, you know one of those companies that was going belly up and was bought by the bank of America! Oh and it was Bill Clinton that pushed Fannie Mae to give mortgages to the poor, you know those people that couldn't afford it!

It's just unfair to blame all this mess on the Republicans, not that they don't have any culpability.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That I agree completely. Republicans just happen to be in power when things got visibly ugly, but all the population took active part in manufacturing this ugly slide...

12. allshookup profile image61
    allshookupposted 15 years ago

I'm from Mississippi. We have spent a ton of money getting ready for this debate. Ole Miss had known for 3 years that they would host this debate. And for the past year, there has been so much work put toward getting every single detail ready for them to come. All of the hotels and motels have been booked for months and people are renting out rooms in their own homes for people who have decended on our state for this purpose. Millions of dollars have been spent for this. Needless to say, the telephone lines were hot here yesterday following the announcement that it may not happen. I talked to friends who lives on and around campus. The college and surrounding streets have been blocked off since Saturday and on friend's been having to go around the world to get to her classes and work. And now this. She is very upset as are so many here. But, she said she is taking comfort in McCain going to Washington to work on this financial crisis because he is against Busch. Which she felt is a good thing. Most of us are afraid if it passed the way it was, that it would be a huge mess and inflation would soar. The people at Ole Miss are upset but they don't seem to feel that McCain has some hidden motive in doing what he is doing. He didn't ask for the debate to be totally deleted from the campaign, only to put if off a little while. She also said that since Obama refused to go to 10 debates with McCain himself siting that he needed to be in Washington for his job, that it's the same thing. She doesn't understand why all of the media is saying that there's some hidden motive in McCain doing this but nothing was said like that when Obama did it 10 times siting the same thing McCain is. She feels that McCain is simply doing the job he is paid to do. He is not being paid to campaign. Which I felt was an excellent point.  She's upset, but she is hopes that since McCain is in Washington today that they can get this nailed down quickly and move on to the debate. The legislation is something that had to be done in a time frame and the debate can be rescheduled. She said that a lot of the people at Ole Miss, including teachers, are still in hopes of having the debate, but they do not want it at the expense of Busch's legislation pushed through as it was. She feels it shows that McCain will cross party lines to get the right thing done. This time he is going against President Busch. And she respects him for doing that. Just thought I'd report on what I found out from some of the people at Ole Miss.

13. knolyourself profile image59

I didn't say repubicans I said McCain. I didn't say the Dems were innocent, Dem senators voted for and Clinton signed the repeal of the Glass/Segal Act. I didn't say I was democrat. I named the guy mostly responsible, joined at  the hip with McCain. And I didn't take any part whatsoever in any of the current mess. I am innocent.

14. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Well, you are innocent individually. However, you are guilty (or rather responsible) as a part of American public. smile

Pretty much like me being A Russian citizen  - responsible for what happens to my country, even though I don't live there for almost ten years. smile

15. profile image0

How much sense does it make to vote McCain, who will probably die in office and allow a person whom, we are not allowed to hear speak, be the V.P and or eventually the President?

This economic crisis is a distraction...

Are people stoopid or blind or do you really want what is on her agenda, which is war

Is the world really sick enough to even think that it is in our better intrest?

If you think she is not saying these things, your wrong.  She is and she does believe that this war is gods war and that Alaska is going be the refuge for the world. 

Does Gog and Magog ring a bell to anyone???

She wants more guns for Alaska, she says that God has sent her from under the umbrella of this church

I seriously can't believe that some people don't get what she is saying. 

*where is the little smiley guy bitting his nails?*  Can we get one of those?  lol

1. profile image0

I just think you're just reading too much iinto what's she is saying. I don't think McCain will die in office either! There is still a balance of power and if congress does its job there won't be another war! Remember we will still have a democraticly controlled congress.

You can tell the future now? lol

As for McCain canceling - this is all a joke. Making out like the whole thing is a surprise or something. The industry knew this was coming from at least 4 years ago. I myself sold my house in the UK 2 years ago, knowing full well this was coming.

Expect McCain to do what exactly?

This has been in the making for years, and both political parties have had a hand in it.

You see the directors and top-echelon politicians hurting financially? No.

The problem is greed at the top end. Who is going to fix that? lol

As for war, if it suits the suits, there will be a war. Nothing like a good war to kick start the economy............

2. profile image0

what democracy? 

You know, I am not a very religous person.  I don't go to church, I don't wear symbols of authority, I don't fast and I don't give my money to churches that keep it in thier pocket to support thier own kind.

However, when it comes to the Bible and fully knowing how {insert word here} these followers are, and that they really feel that they need to make the prophies happen, I do take it rather seriously. 

I do believe in God, I just believe these people are clueless as to what God is and anyone who says that they believe that fear is the heart of love doesn't know love.

Anyone who says, that this war is God's war is ignorant.  It is something to consider whether you believe in God or not.

I would much rather be told I am a fool and have things work out, then not say anything at all and have it all go wrong, really, really wrong.  smile

1. profile image0

I think you have her quote wrong though she may well believe that she never said she believes that. She said she "prays it's God's war" or something more to that effect. I know what you're saying though and I understand your concern. I certainly wouldn't want anyone in office that believes the voices in their head are the commands of God!
          I'm not a religious person either, I don't believe in the church at all, and any man that claims to know the will of God is a fool. I also don't believe in war, but unlike you, I do believe sometimes violence is warranted, after all if someone is attacking you are you going to fight back or just allow them to do their will to you? Sometimes you have to fight no matter how distasteful that may be.

1. profile image0

self defense is not a violent act and self defense doesn't teach you to kill.  It teaches you how to disable the person who is theatening you so that you can get away. 

smile

1. profile image0

Understood, but that CAN result in death. There is always that risk when violence is used even if that is not the intent!

16. knolyourself profile image59

Born american - born russian - guess it's original sin then.

17. Mark Knowles profile image57

PB - what are you - blind? I have several times quoted what she said, and linked to a video with her saying it. These are the actual words she said regarding the Iraq war:

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

Regarding her son having a tattoo before he left to fight in Iraq:

"When he turned 18 right before he enlisted, he had to get his first tattoo. And I'm like -- I don't think that's real cool, son. Until he showed me what it was and I thought, oh he did something right, 'cause on his calf, he has a big ol' Jesus fish!"

I know you cannot be bothered to watch the video, and you "believe," 72 is young, lol but keep on saying what you are saying is making me think you are a good politician.

18. profile image0

That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."   

You see you keep doing that! You take the first part of what she's saying and ignore the rest! She qualifies her first statement with the following sentence. You refuse to see it because of your own bias and dislike for all things religious! That just isn't fair!

Granted she's a very religious person and though I don't share her religious views, I don't believe she's a "nut" that thinks she's sent by God to do God's work and rid the world of all things non-Christian or she has voices in her head that are telling her to bring about the second coming of Christ she must foment war in the Middle East!

That's just jumping to conclusions!

19. Mark Knowles profile image57

lol

OK she did not say "Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God."

You are right, this is not what I have heard her say. She did not say it. No, she did not say this. Did not say it. Not her words. Taken out of context lies. She never said this. These words did not come out of her mouth.

She never said she was proud of her son going off to war with a Jesus fish tattoo. Lies. Never said it. lol

Now watch the video. Now look at this:

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God, that's what we have to make sure that we're praying for.

That there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

That is what she said. You are the one who apparently just cannot believe that any one would say this.

But she did.

1. profile image0

Now you're putting words in my mouth! The quote you used was the same one I used, but you're interpreting it to mean something she didn't say! You took the one sentence and that's what you focused on when clearly the sentences that followed shows what she meant was that "we have to pray that there is a plan and that it is God's plan". That's very different then saying "God told me his plan and that's what I'm going to execute"!

I am not putting words in anyone's mouth. Watch the video and listen to what she said. Then after you have watched it, see what you think.

2. profile image0

Does it really matter PB, even if she is not hearing voices in her head, she is saying that the war is necessary,  and she wants it to be God's plan. 

I see you want to see the good in the bad, but this...this...sad

1. profile image0

Oh now I don't think what she said means she is saying that the war is necessary, though she may well believe that! I for one was against the war in Iraq. From the outset I could see it was a bad idea both strategically and economically and from a foreign policy standpoint! Strategically we basically eliminated Iran's enemy and opened the door to their greater influence in the region. Even if we claim victory in Iraq, Iran will have a bigger influence in the area! Lets not forget the cost, almost a trillion dollars!
          But can we afford to take one mistake and correct it by making another? After all that we have spent and sacrificed does it make sense to leave now? Like it or not, we need their oil and we didn't go through all this for nothing! Our very way of life requires a continued supply of crude and we are competing with China and India for what's left in the world! This is serious business make no mistake!

1. Misha profile image62

Traders who don't cut their loses short don't last. This refers to countries, too smile

1. profile image0

Well we have to get what we came for and we are not leaving until we do!

2. profile image0

I don't know if you got to watch the video yet that Mark lef you, regarding crude...
            Palin also says that Alaska is the richest land in the world.  So it is a serious matter...but we don't need thier oil...Unless of course she is lying again. lol.

Gosh Poppa Blues you gotta watch the video.

1. profile image0

We're 5% of the world's population and we use 25% of the world's production of oil. Believe me we need Alaskan oil and everybody's else's oil too!

Imagine an America with no gas, heating oil, or electricity. How do you think the people of this country would react if energy was in short supply? If we couldn't have electricity for 24 hours a day? If we had to choose between oil for heat or food? Imagine for just a moment that gas would be in such short supply that you would be rationed to so many gallons a month. We got a small taste of this in the 70s, and I can tell you from personal experience, it wasn't fun! Unless America curbs it's insatiable demand for oil, we're going to need more of it, and we're going to be competing with China and India to get it!

Just imagine if they had spent the three trillion dollars on building wind and solar generators in the desert, and a public transport system instead of the Iraq war  sad

1. profile image0

Yeah certainly the money could have been better spent. We have 11 trillion dollars of debt at 55 trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities in social security, medicare and medicaid. 3 trillion is a drop in the bucket, but it would have been a step in the right direction!

2. profile image0

Well my question wasn't really about needing the oil it was about Palin using in regards to her speech to the chuch.  Anyways it wouldn't make sense ulness you watch it.

as for oil,  I have been doing my part to and I have been since I was a kid because it was a problem then and it still is. 

Really I honestly think that it's the peoples faults for consuming so much oil and water and being wasteful.  I grew up with the 3r's, I do them and eveyone should but I know, I absolutly know that people are just unwilling to do their part. 

I don't think they are ignorant, I think they are either lazy, they feel like someone else should pick up the slack for them or they are depending on a war so that they can continue living they way that they do.

smile

2. Ben Bush profile image60

Sandra don't be too sad. Both sides want war. She's just not as shy about it.smile

lol

Personally, I would be a little wary of starting another "religious" war if I had 10 million Muslims living in my country lol

But no one ever accused the US government of seeing the long term picture smile

Condaleezza Rice is over here right now picking a fight with the Russians.

If ever you want to kick start the economy, a war is the traditional way to do it.

I wonder if we are stupid or powerless enough to let it happen again?

1. profile image0

Well I can tell you the war has not been good for the economy!! It's cost us plenty and our economy is a mess!

The war in Iraq is nothing to do with the economy being in a mess.

It hasn't cost you a penny.

Exxon made $11.7 billion in profit in the first quarter of 2008
                Chevron $18.7 billion

Need I go on?

And the war in eye-rak is not a proper war. Not nearly enough dead Americans to make it that. It is just an excuse to have 300,000 troops in the Middle East. You think the Russians are not acutely aware of that fact?

Your favorite Ms. Palin said, and I quote, "John McCain is committed to preventing the eye-ranians from akwiring nukular weapons." lol

Edit - found an appropriate photo:

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/gallery/offensive-to-all/290.jpg

1. profile image0

A couple of oil companies does not an economy make! Believe me, it's costing us!

The Iranians obtaining nuclear weapons is a forgone conclusion already. I often wonder why we even bother trying to prevent others from getting them, we have them so naturally everybody wants then too.

Not sure what the Russians have to do with anything except maybe they could see we were stretched thin and thought it would be a good time to goad Georgia into a fight. Now there's another mishandled foreign policy debacle by the best and brightest and most experienced America has to offer!

1. Misha profile image62

Try to imagine 300000 Russian troops on Cuba. Or in Mexico. This might give you an idea of what Russians may be thinking about it smile And Georgia definitely was goaded into a fight, but not by Russians...

20. knolyourself profile image59

" Both sides want war." What's the other side.

1. Ben Bush profile image60

The other side of the American political coin, the Democrats.

21. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Don't worry, you'll get a mouthful and then some. But not of what you wanted, though big_smile

22. knolyourself profile image59

"The Iranians obtaining nuclear weapons is a forgone conclusion already." Proof if you please. 
    "The other side of the American political coin, the Democrats."
    We know Obama wants more war - Afghanistan, another catastrophe they will never win.

23. profile image0

Just watched Palin with Katie on CNN. 

daddadddadaddd, umm...Oh yeah, you see cause, umm...Russia, umm...well they are right next to us... umm....

1. profile image0

I like Tina Fay's impersonation..."I can see Russia from my house" LOL! Great line!

24. hubby7 profile image63
    hubby7posted 15 years ago

Whether McCain's suspended his campaign to keep Palin from having to debate only McCain himself knows. Why he did it nobody really knows. All we can do is speculate. As far as I am concerned, I believe that the whole thing is hogwash. It's just a mere alibi to avoid debating! One pattern of McCain's character seem to be that of being very whimsical or, as my wife put it,"impulsive". He seemed to have chosen Sarah Palin on  a whim and he also seems to have cancelled the debate on impulse. The guy seems unpredictable! What will he do next? I read somewhere--and I did not say this myself--that some people wonder whether John's McCain is operating with a full deck or whether his brain goes to the top floor? I wonder. sad

hubby7

25. profiler profile image64
    profilerposted 15 years ago

War is a traditional way of kick start an economy!

It's a really capitalist way too! War industries do billions in profits and thousands of people get a new job. The state gets revenue in taxes and a boost in confidence (in the beggining at least...).

Of course it's not the human way to do it (and I don't really believe God's way as well), but who said Humanity has something to do with America nowadays...

My only problem with this thing is my country can get on the crossfire between the american and the middle-eastern wackos...

ps. - as for the beggining question in the thread, it's probably a ploy smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)