jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Too much-the magic bus{es}

1. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

Out on the campaign trail, Obama has 2 buses that cost over 1.2 million dollars each.  Paid for by the American taxpayer, just as his campaign tour is.  Should have stayed in Washington and worked on budget issues.  Instead he is out whining about how it's everyone's fault but his that the economy sucks.  He promised when he was elected that he would fix things.   Many of us knew at the time he was full of it and would say anything to get elected.  Shouldn't be making promises he won't keep.  Should man up and quit passing the buck.  Take responsibility and work harder on the issues.

Just wondering.  How many children could we save, educate, clothe, and feed with the more than 2 million spent on the buses for his tour?  How many unemployed could be hired with the money?  How many homeless could be fed, sheltered, and clothed?  Yeah, he really cares.  About his reelection and that's about it.

1. Moderndayslave profile image59
      Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's OK as long as they were "Made in the USA "

2. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A 1.2 million dollar bus is some bus!

1. Quilligrapher profile image87
        Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi John,
        Just to avoid confusion, $1.2 million is not the price of the buses but the expected cost to taxpayers for the 3 day junket.

3. Quilligrapher profile image87
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Logic.  It’s nice to see you again.
      I am happy to read that you think $1.2 million of taxpayer’s money for buses could have been better spent on children, the unemployed, and the homeless.
      But, I find it hard to believe anyone would consider this issue anything other then petty and pathetic. When it comes to fiscal waste and this country’s struggle to control the national debt, why would any one focus on such trivial nonsense when we have to contend with this? 

NEW YORK | Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:28pm EDT
      (Reuters) - When President Barack Obama cited cost as a reason to bring troops home from Afghanistan, he referred to a $1 trillion price tag for America's wars.
      Staggering as it is, that figure grossly underestimates the total cost of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan to the U.S. Treasury and ignores more imposing costs yet to come, according to a study released on Wednesday.
      The final bill will run at least $3.7 trillion and could reach as high as $4.4 trillion, according to the research project "Costs of War" by Brown University's Watson Institute for International Studies. (www.costsofwar.org)

See http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/ … 5320110629 to read the entire aritcle.

There are watchdogs in Washington who get paid to identify legitimate government business from campaign expenses.  I’m content to let them do their jobs.  But in the world that I’m living in, our problems are ahellava lot bigger then $1.2 million. 
      Thanks for posting, Logic.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image70
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As usual, you have an instinct for Democratic capillaries.

2. Moderndayslave profile image59
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

I thought I heard that a  number of elected officials will be entitled to use these buses,for their safety.