jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Obama new quotes on fixing the economy

1. American View profile image59
    American Viewposted 5 years ago

Today I have heard it all. Obama said he can fix the economy and"could show us how on the back of an envolope".  I hope it is a big envelope.  He claims there will be "small cuts in programs that do not work"  Well, if the programs do not work, instead of making small cuts how about eliminating the programs that do not work. Seems logical, Or am I wrong about that?

Ok I just realized that my envelope comment was a bit sacastic. After all, the Gettysberg address was written on a napkin.

1. 0
      erikjohnsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He has a lot of work to do.  I dont care what he writes it on just as long as he has a plan and it works.  He is also fighting for re-election so he needs to do something extreme.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

He said he had a plan in 2008 is he admitting his previous plan didn't work? Please tell me he doesn't have another plan, his help is killing us.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

If the POTUS has this knowledge, when are we going to put it to good use? And why aren't we using it already? I'm not an economist, but I find it hard to believe it's simple enough to fit on an envelope. Heck, even the so-called economic experts can't all agree on how to "fix" the economy.

1. American View profile image59
      American Viewposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is the question. Thing is Obama does not know what to do. Mark my words, his new plan will be just like the last failed one. He will propose another stimulus and that will fail too. Histroy shows they do not work. Even at best, they are only temporary. We need long term sustainable growth.
      Economists cannot agree and that is true. mainly because they stick to their ideoloigies. I have writthen several hubs here, multiple blogs elsewhere outlining w ay back. Despite everyone claiming there is no where to trim the budget. I showed that with only looking at a few items of the thousands in a budget, I could save 5.06 Trillion dollars over 10 years without touching SS, Medicare, Medicaid or defense. imagine what can be found if we truly went through the budget line by line. Imagine what kinds of revenue we can raise by redoing the tax codes. I wrote on one idea, there are several others besides mine like a flat or fair tax. I do not agree with them, but at least there are ideas. Those ideas do not raise any more revenues than we do today unless you raise taxes. My proposal can raise revenues and actually lower your taxes.
      Point is there are steps that can be taken. Problem is both parties have ideas they will not stray from and they all cost us.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

In order for the world to buy oil in dollars the
    world has to sell stuff in the US to get those dollars.They produce stuff cheaper driving American industries off-shore. The US no longer has the dollars to buy all those products other countries need to buy oil. But the empire must have a plan.
    They print the money.