jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

The economy

1. Onusonus profile image86
    Onusonusposted 5 years ago

This is an E-Mail I received that speaks of the seriousness of our failing economy........ Not really.

"How bad is the current economy? I received a pre-declined credit card in the mail. CEO's are now playing miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen. Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America. Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore. A picture is now only worth 200 words.They renamed Wall Street "Wal-Mart Street". Finally, I called the Suicide Hotline. I got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck."

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

It was funny yesterday and it's still funny today.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image81
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

The most important thing to learn about "the economy" is that it doesn't actually exist.

Only individual humans can act, and thus "the economy" is nothing more than 7 billion people acting individually to better their lot in life.

There is no "the economy", GDP, unemployment, etc.

There is only human action on an individual scale that some idiots attempt to measure en aggregate.

1. Onusonus profile image86
      Onusonusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lighten up dude, it's just a stupid joke.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62
        Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Jokes are not permitted on Ronpaulevan island.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
          rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol  funny.

speaking of the economy, did anyone read Matt Tabbi's article about the SEC shredding documents/covering for Wall Street criminals? http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne … s-20110817  It's worth a read.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image81
        Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I know they're jokes, I'm just throwing the info out there so that people will at least contemplate the ideas.

working