jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Rick Perry - A Crook

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

The Young Turks did some searching through Rick Perry's history of becoming a millionaire. Of course, Perry's not the only one benefiting in this way, but it's a pretty damning argument from them against Perry specifically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuiBmY-v … afe=active

1. Paul Wingert profile image78
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry, he's NOT getting my vote!

2. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That tears it, I'm gonna waste my vote on Ron Paul.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

3. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's a great video. Amazing how much money can be accumulated by throwing your loose change in a jar every night!

2. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

I don't think it's only  Perry.
    http://governmentgonewild.org/thelist

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great post

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
        Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very true that's it's not only Perry. I read an article recently about a study that showed that, on average, Senators and Congressmen's investments beat the market by a significant percentage. Of course, the implication was various people are "feeding" them investment opportunities or inside information not available to their constituents.

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago

Ralph and article I read showed that the top 80 senators and congressman increased their networth an average of 756% from 2004 to 2009. It was a smart move on their part to make sure they can't be prosecuted for insider trading. Of course I believe they are now above every law the citizens of this country must obey. I saw where Obama's net worth went from around 350,000 in 2004 to over $4,000,000 in 2009. This site was tea p[arty affiliated so I dont know how much truth was contained in it. They made sure to have most of the top 41 dems show bigger gains than the top 39 repubs. This tends to ignore the reason Bush made the Guiness Book of World Records in 2002 for appointing more millionaires to his cabinet than any other President in history. That fact kind of explains all the breaks the wealthy got during his reign. I doubt that very many in his cabinet had any interest in helping the middle class. Other than helping to destroy it that is.

4. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago
  5. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

I guess I should have titled this forum "They're all crooks! Post your evidence!"

Good stuff!

working