jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

9/11 Are Terrorists Winning the War

1. theirishobserver. profile image58
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

America and the UK are making great claims about the success of their campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq, yet we now have a situation where terrorist cells are scattered to the four corners of the earth as opposed to being isolated within their own borders, terrorist cells can strike in the UK and America at any time, is this success?

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No Irish it is abject failure.

When America decided to go in to Iraq it alienated half the world. That they bombed Baghdad in to the ground was a travesty.

To then insert companies to reconstruct that were owned by members of the US Government was adding insult to injury and the rebuild is yet another mess in the web of corruption.

2. theirishobserver. profile image58
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

Earnesthub, it really does seem to be a project doomed to failure, multi-nationals making billions bombing and then rebuilding, more about money than people sad

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I remember watching the city getting bombed and thinking what I would feel like as a citizen if it was happening to my city. What a terrible waste of life. The city itself was a world renown resource of historic treasures and history that can never be replaced.
      I am saddened by the fact that even today Iraq still has poor infrastructure.
      All that to destroy a man they supported for years.
      One man.

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago

Cheney's stock holding in Halliburton increased over 3000% in value as a result of his decision to finish the job Bush Sr, started. What people in America refuse to remember is that the majority of wars America has been involved in in the last twenty years are all against people or countries that they armed and supported. Hell of a plan , arm a country and make money doing so. Follow this with a war against the same people simply to make moremoney profitting from war.

It really pisses me off to listen to people over here rant and rave about the so called terrorists around the world who dislike or hate America. The citizens of these countries are retaliating in any way they can. They are acting no different than those in this country would if we were attacked for no reason other than profiteering. It seems that a lot of my countrymen feel that the only rights other countries have is to die in order to increase the bottom line of American companies. I often ask people over here how they would react if they had watched another country kill over 1 million innocent American men, women and children. Of course it's always a different story when they have to consider the scenerio where it's Americans dying. Doesn't enter their thick skulls how blindly ignorant they actually are. I did a fictionalized account of China attacking America and committing the same atrocities America has committed around the world. For the most part it was ignored by people over here.

4. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

It depends on which terrorists? Both sides are terrorizing large populations. There are people in the Western societies that fear potential terrorist attacks,  and people in the Middle East who live with it every day.

America hasn't won anything, neither has the other side. They are dragging us all down, in their own ways.