jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Clueless in Seattle

1. RTalloni profile image86
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

I've not initiated a post on the forums before so I hope I'm going about this the right way.  I thought about a hub, but politics isn't my favorite hub topic. 

While working on a new hub I remembered a phrase that I thought was from a movie, "Clueless in Seattle."  To be sure of what it was I went to the www, naturally.  On my first click I came across something too funny to pass up. 

Even though we are one day short of Friday this week I thought I would throw it out here and see what happens.  I hope 1) that it's not an old joke I don't know about, and 2) that it makes you laugh out loud like it did me:

(Credit due to Granite Grok.)  Friday Humor - Clueless in Seattle

In a Seattle Washington college classroom, they were discussing the qualifications to be President of the United States. It was pretty simple the candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least 35 years of age.

However, one girl in the class immediately started in on how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen. In short, her opinion was that this requirement prevented many capable individuals from becoming president. The class was taking it in and letting her rant, but everyone's jaw hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by stating, 'What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?'

1. maven101 profile image75
      maven101posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Too funny...Was she a blonde..?

RTalloniposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now, now...

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I guess it goes to show that she didn't learn much in other classes before she reached college level. yikes sad

One does wonder...

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with that question.
    It raises an excellent point.
    Does "natural born" also  mean that people conceived through artificial insemination are ineligible as well??
    What about surrogate mothers?

Seriously, funny and a nice non-confrontational contribution ot the Politics & Social Issues forum! Thanks for posting!! MM

This certainly adds fuel to the fire.

Thanks much, MM!