jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Nikki Haley, the first woman President of the United States

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago

Nikki Haley makes the little girls cry.  Some people take everything about themselves and others so seriously that they simply cannot abide a little tough talk, a tweak, a jab, a nudge or a slap.   The emotional instability of people claim the mantel of adulthood amuses me, no end.   

"Oh No, Nikki Haley called am a little girl.  That's not nice, I'm going to tell my mommy."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/0 … 55830.html

2. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Let me guess....Haley is a Repub/Bagger, right?
    She's an arrogant twerp.
    Sean Klannity in a dress.

uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

She's an arrogant twerp.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'Sean Klannity," I love it!

3. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

He was buds with Hal Turner.....google some of Hal Turner's words, or you-tube clips....................

It's so offensive, it would get me banned.

4. aware profile image72
    awareposted 5 years ago

piper palin  2020

5. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I'm still going to vote for Snooki.

6. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

I'm not American so I've never heard of Nikki Haley, but the article in the OP does remind me of the way in which British politics is often covered by the media. It seems to be a case of "never mind the policies, look at the way that the politicians are slagging each other and/or us (the media) off."

The media seems to want to turn politics into a reality TV show, where the participants/contestants are puppets who are at the whim of the editor. (For example, it's easy to make someone look like a Moaning Minnie when you've got hours and hours of footage to play with, even if they only spend a tiny fraction of that time actually moaning.)

Maybe the reality TV analogy is more true than most politicians realise.

I think it is high time for people to pull on their big pants and "adult-up"(a non-gender specific "man-up")  Or better yet MAN-UP and tell the politically correct and whining culture to take a big bite and start munching.

It is also high time to reject media that is deceptive and manipulative. 

We need to police the information that enters our own brains.

1. lovemychris profile image80
        lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Exactly why I steer clear of fox news and rabid righty radio.

I KNOW it's a manipulation! And very sick and twisted.

I am so sorry, I ignore everything with which I don't agree.  Did you post a reply?  I watch, listen to and read all kinds of things with which I do not agree.  Intellect and education protects us, I have a little trouble with post-modernism and abstract expressionism but I am pretty clear on everything else.

7. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 5 years ago

I'm hoping Bachmann or Palin is the first woman president though Nikki will make a good one some day! See the reporter called it lavish spending but that wasn't accurate, she should have called it "investments" like Obama does, then I'm sure the left would have praised her for creating jobs.

Lavish is taking two jets(lavish in money and carbon) to a vacation in the land of the millionaires and billionaires, Martha's Vineyard, because you want to get away from Washington D.C. four hours earlier than you husband.  Lavish is fund raising with millionaires and billionaires on your taxpayer funded vacation in Martha's Vineyard while the rest of the country is grinding on in your recession.

working