jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

American mainstram media commits itself to corporate america........

1. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Wouldn't it be nice if the media in America went to work for the american public instead of corporate  America = and the government.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

Well, corporations own the media. I can't imagine expecting them to work for me. I think it would be nice if people starting thinking for themselves and weren't so easily led.

3. ahorseback profile image54

I find it interesting that news channels all go to commercials at the same time . The same basic subjects are covered over and over again, Beating dead horses over and over instead of real news articles.

1. 0
      Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They are in it to make a profit. That's called free enterprise.  Are you advocating a government takeover of the media? Legislation to control the entertainment industry? That is what tv news is. Entertainment. It's all about the ratings.

Edit; it just occurred to me. You might want to start listening to NPR. They actually present real news. You should check it out. smile

4. ahorseback profile image54

NPR is a joke ,  I dislike it that mainstream media  is too cozy with corporate-Government interests , and less cocerned with free speech and a real
    sense of voicing freedoms true vigilance. I believe NPR is so focused on the rest of the world to care iota one about this nation. And believe me , I have spent too much time listening to NPR. They have a major focus on two entities in the mideast ...Palestine and the Jewish  conflict. I listen to all sides of media and make up my own mind on issues!NPR is a waste of time!