I cleaned this e-mail from other names, in hopes you will keep it going. This is bipartisan in nature, going to both Democrats and Republicans. Please consider helping with the below change suggested. This is short so please read it through and then forward. You will be glad you did.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.
If each addressee who agrees would forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; & in turn ask each of those to do likewise..
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!
If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete.
by LucidDreams5 years ago
This government needs a whole lot of help right now and most of the people in congress still dont get it.Subject: Let us all speak up! Warren Buffet, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about...
by GA Anderson4 years ago
Found this on my Facebook wall - So I don't take credit for putting it out there.But... as a basic concept - sounds like a good starting point to meHere is what he supposedly said..."Warren Buffett, in a recent...
by SparklingJewel5 years ago
Warren Buffett, "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC."You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, allsitting members of Congress are ineligible...
by Petra Vlah4 years ago
According to a new report in The Washington Post, the median net worth of the current Congress rose 5% during the recession while it fell 39% for the average American. The wealthiest one-third of lawmakers saw their net...
by OLYHOOCH4 years ago
Hay, Obama... To bad you did not think of this first. We The People, are, Ticked off, and are not as DUMB, as you think we are. WE, see the problem,,,, YOU DON'T. I just love this, so here it is again. We The People are...
by dutchman19516 years ago
If this below is really true, and it is from the Library of Congress on Congressional By-laws and operations. Than how did any bill proposed that affects the Public generaly. sucH as Cap and Trade, Health reform, get to...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.