jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

government actively devaluing marriage

1. Onusonus profile image85
    Onusonusposted 5 years ago

This is another attack on the family. I heard about someone proposing this law in Italy a few years back as well. The fact that governments are trying to pass such a ridiculous law is a testament to the demoralized state of human affairs in the Western world. They are pre-planning their divorces, who gets the kids before they are born, who the house goes to, and how everything gets divided before a couple gets a chance to walk down the isle and say I do.

http://news.yahoo.com/til-2013-us-part- … 08285.html

1. HattieMattieMae profile image69
      HattieMattieMaeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well the thing is, maybe they feel as if they are being pro-active. It's not the solution to family problems, but I know if you look at divorce statistics the public kind of sets themselves up for this kind of thing. The people in general have to get serious about relationships and their families. The government can't tell you how to have a relationship, they just deal with the aftermath when people choose not to settle things in a peaceful manner. We've created divorce and broken homes, families, and it's up to us to change that and start valuing the family again. Materialism seems to be the focus, and money in divorce. They forget what love is about, and what life is about. It's more important to fight over things and prove whose right and wrong. They forget it's about love and embracing each other. The government just choosed to be proactive because if you bring it to their attention at the begining, maybe they won't be so focused on the materialism and money in the relationship and actually focus on the marriage and children. That is one way of looking at it, but on the other hand I can not tell you what motivates the government.

2. Paul Wingert profile image80
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Isn;t that called a prenuptual aggreement?

3. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If they choose this what is the/any problem?  Free world even if at times we sacrifice some details that could actually benefit at times.  America will never allow this anyways, we are all free

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I would be shocked to find out that America went to something like that. Too much money in divorce law at stake.

3. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

rather a planned exit strategy than never-ending fun in court

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Greek I love You