jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

When is fascism a good thing?

1. mortimerjackson profile image60
    mortimerjacksonposted 5 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5574806_f248.jpg
    They say that every "ism" has its ups and downs. In what regard do you think that economic, and/or perhaps nationalistic fascism can be considered a good thing?

1. Brooke Lorren profile image60
      Brooke Lorrenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think that it's ever a good thing.  I prefer freedom, which includes the freedom to fail.

Inside a company, of course there has to be some rules, but I wouldn't call that fascism unless they tell you what you can or can't do on your off hours.

2. Shinkicker profile image88
      Shinkickerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's never been a good thing. It's anti-human and depraved. Ultimately not only destructive but self-destructive as it consumes itself in its own self-hate.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's comparable to asking when is a smallpox epidemic a good thing and pointing to over-population as a reason.

4. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Only good for one thing, and one thing only....

http://shoeblogs.com/wordpress/images/ukrainian_army1.jpg

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Never ever can this be a good form of governing people.

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I'd have to study up on that to give a cognizant answer. Mein Kampf (or whatever the hell it is) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down on my reading list.

I will say that humans pretty much screwed everything up with it the first time around.

3. mortimerjackson profile image60

Nazi Germany wasn't the only country that practiced fascism. America did it during WW2 by proving no-bid contracts to Ford and other such businesses for war materials. And nationalistically, America practiced fascism via promoting a strong nationalistic sentimentality.

Also, mind you, the entire corporate world is at least economically fascist. America all the way down to the EU. And the whole idea of American exceptionalism is rooted in fascism.

Thoughts?

4. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

I don't personally believe that fascism can ever be considered a good thing. I agree with you that the corporate world is facistic, and becoming increasingly so, IMHO.

5. mortimerjackson profile image60

Fascism keeps Wal-Mart's prices low. There's that.

Also, to address this statement "I prefer freedom, which includes the freedom to fail."

What, exactly, is the freedom to fail? Do you say this to mean that some people want to fail, but are incapable of doing so due to some external force? If so, I have never met someone who wanted to fail but couldn't.

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think "freedom to fail" means there are people who want to fail but can't, but more that if you try something but fail at it, well at least you had the freedom to try it in the first place.

6. 60
    Romans814posted 5 years ago

God's Truth (The Word of God) supercede the worlds truth (ism; the word of the world).  When it is all said and done; God's Will be done; His governmental system will be so..

working