jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

Herman Cain on Rick Perry's Hunting Lodge

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

Herman Cain gave Amanpour an earful when he said what she skirted in her question about Perry and his hunting ranch bought in the 1980s that had a big rock that was painted over.  Cain said I’ll say what you won’t it was called “Niggerhead” and it was painted over but we don’t know when.

I told you I would not vote for anyone from Texas because they are the best racists I’ve ever seen.  Subtle but real racism. They love illegals  down here in Texas and don’t buy any other excuse as to why we are overrun with them.   They don’t want anybody who is  black to come and work for them or fill up their welfare rolls and free hospital services.  Just don’t be black, don’t be a nigger in Texas especially in the last century.  I am so glad I did not grow up here.  I am here now but it takes a lot of  shit side stepping to avoid to blatant racism here.

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't like Texans huh? Just curious, have you ever been to Texas?

Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Those are Herman Cain's comments. But if the shoe fits....

Many times. I don't recall saying that I don't like Texans. I have said I don't like Rick Perry nor George W. Bush. I have friends and relatives in Texas. I've visited nearly every major city in Texas except for Austin.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your post was confusing as to which words were yours and which were Cain's.

I should have put quotation marks around the entire comment. I don't remember the source. I linked the Washingto Post article that raised the issue of Perry's hunting camp.

2. Repairguy47 profile image61
          Repairguy47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you would like Austin, its the one that fits your politics. What shoe do you refer to?

I'm sure that's true. I've heard good things about Austin.

Here's a recent article by the Editor of the "Texas Monthly" entitled "Dimming of the Lone Star--A crisis of conficence in the heart of Texas which may be of interest. It points to the divide between the Bush Republicans and the Perry Republicans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/magaz … amp;st=cse

2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Ralph, I know you disagree with Cain on political issues, but what do you think of him as a person?

I have no objections to Cain "as a person." I just don't think he's qualified to be president. Neither are Bachman nor Perry. I wouldn't say that Romney nor Huntsman nor even Gingrich are not qualified. Gingrich is qualified by experience but in my opinion is untrustworthy and therefor he would never have my support for any public office.

1. 2besure profile image82
        2besureposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does being a politician make you qualified to be president or just more versed in the art of taking bribes for votes? I would rather take a chance on a non politician.

1. habee profile image90
          habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find Cain's lack of political experience to be a plus. I don't think anyone "owns" him.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

Here's a link to the Washington Post article that got the issue started

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ … story.html

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

Maybe he should have hidden that rock in a woodpile.

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bad boy!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

lol

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I read that story earlier and though Perry showed his true nature...the rock should'nt have had that word painted in the first place.. burying it wouldn't have mattered..

6. Repairguy47 profile image61
    Repairguy47posted 5 years ago

Somebody wrote the word on a rock long before Perry started hunting there and that makes him a racist? I don't get how far libs will go to find something wrong with someone, and why is it always racism? Come up with something more original.

Well, one of the other candidates, Herman Cain, played the race card.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Cain is a "lib"?  Huh......someone should tell him.

working