Blaming the Victims and calling them names

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 12 years ago

Blaming the victims is nothing new; letting the criminals walk and arresting the protesters seems right to the ones who love the status quo and imply that the public outrage against Wall Street is limited to a few lazy bumps that are asking for “class warfare”.
    There are many more people that have not YET joined the demonstrators, but do not discount our outrage; we did NOT cause the near collapse of the financial system, but we all paid the consequences and saw our savings disappeared and out 401K go to dust.
    We are not lazy and we are no bumps, dear candidates; we worked hard and saved, we were hoping to retire one day. The Wall Street criminals made it impossible for the rest of us and we are barely surviving, while they are getting rewarded for their greed and incompetence.
    The police are arresting the protesters and the authorities are coming short of calling them hooligans that are disrupting the “business as usual”.
    I have never been happier to be a hooligan if that’s the case. I am cheering on the “hooligans” and I am booing the fat cats that are still getting gold parachutes and are landing safe. I can just see the smirk on their face
    Good for you Romney and Cain, at least now we know how you are preparing to run the country!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen, Petra. Me, too.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's unfortunate that those that hate the Corporatism aren't joining behind the one candidate who's actually speaking out against it.

The only anti-corporatism, anti-war, anti-inflation, recession-predicting, doctor is Ron Paul

I'm simply disgusted that the Occupy Wall Street movement can't seem to rally behind Paul.

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, well, he's also anti-gvt. and buys the 9/11 story....

Says Israel is our friend

and believes abortion is not a Universal right for women, but a state's issue...

He has good credibility on pounding the Fereral Reserve, but you can get that with Kucinich, Frank and Sanders as well.

These protestors would most likely lose their student loans and their new-found healthcare access with Paul.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing today!!
    Blame the victims...
    Blame the ones who got the sub-primes instead of the ones PUSHING the sub-primes!

Blame the jobless instead of the ones who out-sourced the jobs.
    Blame the homeless instead of a system that LETS people be homeless in the first place!

Blame the students, instead of the Loan Sharks.
    Blame the consumers, not the credit-card bookies.

Boy--they have got people Twisted. All because everybody thinks they too, can be rich!
    And don't you DARE touch the rich.

These are not the values we grew up with. I reject them. And looky looky....so does most of America.

3. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 12 years ago

It's the astounding ignorance and crass stupidity of America's right wing - Tea Party supporters condemning people who are prepared to protest on behalf of Tea Party members rights is nothing short of lunacy.

Petra Vlahposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't remember Tea Party demonstrators being arrested. They were marching to get this country in even more trouble, so I guess they were "patriots"
      We in the other hand, the 99% are just UN-AMERICAN

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
        Joe Badtoeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pretty accurate description Petra - Besides Tea Party are unhuman from the neck up

1. profile image56
          SanXuaryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When Politicians, Corporations and the Media are all owned by the same people what else are we going to hear? These people are destroying precious advertising dollars and stealing more air time for commercials that tell us to buy more crap. Unfortunately most of us have nothing left to buy with and suddenly we realize we are no longer Consumers but Citizens of the United States.

Becoming Citizens rather than Consumers is the best thing that can ever happen to us.
            We should all STOP buying their crap, whether is propaganda "we are the greatest country in the world" or regular consumer goods that are not indispensable to life.
            Our out of control spending is their blood line and we are providing the oxygen that keeps them alive.
            NO MAN IS EVER FREE WHEN IN DEBT and by keeping us broke they can control our lives

1. wilderness profile image94
              wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That may be a little over the line, Petra.  I LIKE having my computer and internet connection.  I LIKE having a car and a nice house (at least by my modest standards).  I LIKE having an RV and somewhere to take it.  Although I have the room to grow a garden I don't need that room and hate gardening; I would rather buy from the grocery store.

In addition, if none of us buy the computer that your neighbor helps to build he won't have a job and you will have to support him as well as yourself.  No man is an island; we are all interdependent.

I was reffering more to the 12 pair of shoes most waman feel they have to have and the latest gadget every man competes for.

1. wilderness profile image94
                  wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And here I certainly agree with you.  I once watched a woman just raise holy *ell with a satellite installer because he couldn't be there within hours to install her satellite dish.  She had 3 kids and HAD to have it for survival.

We seem to have a very twisted idea of what a necessity is today.  We all want more than just the necessities for life, but so many go so far overboard it becomes ridiculous.

2. profile image56
              SanXuaryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The lies our so vast I often wonder where to begin. Should I start with health and nutrition or perhaps medicine. Maybe science or Government, trust me its all for sale regardless of the consequences. How about agriculture or the environment and every research and place of finance and development that denies what is in the best interest of humanity. Instead we only care about selfishness in the pursuit of wealth and promoting this agenda.

I hear you; things are for sell because there are buyers ready to buy them - we are so brainwashed we are convinced that we need this and that and the other and we let "things" control us rather than the other way around.
                By playing their game, we get what we deserve...

4. maven101 profile image73
    maven101posted 12 years ago

They want to belong, rage against the machine, revolt to be cool, fit in to something that will accept them. They want to change the narrative from "I'm a loser" to "the Man is holding me down "...

These people are useless to society but useful idiots to the left... The end game is chaos and destruction. They want a "reset" with a ridiculous list of " demands " that were written by a high school dropout with the IQ of an ice cube...History would enlighten them but they believe they are better than the last crop of losers who tried this...

This " 99% " is indeed the great unwashed...The stench they are generating compliments the hundreds of condoms, cigarette butts, and and other garbage they are strewing all over " Liberty" park...Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey...

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Tea Party called for revolution while cheerleading for the wealthy.

Now, a populist movement is sweeping the country and those same people whose movement was co-opted by the wealthy are disdainful of this authentic populism.

Go figure.

2. Petra Vlah profile image60

With all the respect I ever had for you Larry, this time I have to strongly disagree.
      While I agree that the protester’s set of “demands” are totally off the wall and prove painful immaturity and lack of direction, the movement itself is not only justified IT IS A MUST; it is the voice of discontent and frustration that millions of people are raising against the greed and irresponsibility of Wall Street.
      Asking for accountability is NOT anarchy and is not against capitalism; it is about the transparency we have been promised, it is about reclaiming control in a world of chaotic financial manipulation.

1. maven101 profile image73
        maven101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Petra...If this group of whining losers had articulated their position with the intelligence and clarity you have stated I would be standing shoulder to shoulder with them...Well, maybe not that close, but in full support...As it is there is a full spectrum of radical agendas on display, including Grandmothers for Peace, anarchists against capitalism, and college kids wanting free college tuition...The message is garbled and ill-defined...What is coming out, loud and clear, is that they want free stuff, deny personal responsibilities, and tear down the very system that would provide free " stuff "...

With this comment I agree a 100%; I can't even imagine a more detrimental set of demands that could have compromise their cause more.
          I still hope that some intelligent leader will come along and bring some clarity and common sense to the movement; the sooner, the better!

3. livelonger profile image85
      livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tea Partiers want to belong, rage against the machine, revolt to be cool, fit in to something that will accept them. They want to change the narrative from "I'm a loser" to "the government is holding me down "...

These people are useless to society but useful idiots to the right... The end game is chaos and destruction. They want a "reset" with a ridiculous list of " demands " that were written by a high school dropout with the IQ of an ice cube...History would enlighten them but they believe they are better than the last crop of losers who tried this...

The Tea Partiers and 9/12ers are indeed the great unwashed...The stench they are generating compliments the hundreds of condoms, cigarette butts, and and other garbage they are strewing all over parks all around America...Conservatives are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey...

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice co-opt, LL.
        One minor "edit" I'd suggest.

I don't think TPers use or believe in condoms, as they disrupt God's flow of creationism.
        How about we change that one to ....
        Toilet Paper lol lol
        Otherwise, brilliant!!

2. maven101 profile image73
        maven101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't you come up with something original...simply proves my point: Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey see, monkey do ...

1. livelonger profile image85
          livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You missed the point...proving the point.

4. Christoph Reilly profile image68
      Christoph Reillyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is an unbelievably idiotic statement.

5. GoGreenTips profile image61
    GoGreenTipsposted 12 years ago

It's about time! The government that we pay our tax dollars to protect us from these wall street criminals can't police wall street because of its own inefficiency, corruption and favoritism. Its a shame they arrest the protesters but the guys that destroyed the financial system of the entire world sip wine,sail in yachts and live lavish lives.

Hoooray!

6. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Petra, after reading your original post, I am reminded of an article I read a while ago, Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail?.  It's a good article.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne … l-20110216

While the protesters are using their voice, they need more organization and overall there needs to be  more consumer and investor boycotts, Wall Street criminals sent to jail, new laws.

While some may not agree with their demands, I say power to the people. It's about time someone did something. So many are willing to sit and let whatever happens happen.

Thank you for the link and for mentioning your hub; I will read it as soon as I can; the title says it all: WHY ISN'T WALL STREET IN JAIL?
      Who is protecting the criminals and arresting the ones that are trying to bring attention to the unfairness and manipulation of the financial system?
      Those are legitimate questions we have to ask and we need to get answers that are more than just another excuse;"stock market is regulating itself" - BS and nothing more - gas prices are kept artificially high while demand is falling, house prices were artificially high, but the correction would have not been as desastrous without the "helpful intervention" of the greedy Wall Street and the calculated incompetence of the CEO's of banks and corporations.

7. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

And you are proof that you have no intention of hearing anything but the drums beating in your own head.

GD CON servatives...always come with the NASTY.

blahhh

It's TIRESOME.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)