jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Sinn Fein use Social Welfare recipients for Presidential Campaign 2011

1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

Social Welfare Inspectors have identified over 50 social welfare recipients who are being paid by Sinn Fein to put up posters and campaign for Sinn Fein Presidential candidate Martin McGuinness. Social Welfare Inspectors in Monaghan, Meath, Donegal, Louth and Dublin have reported their findings after witnessing social welfare recipients being paid cash-in-the-hand by Sinn Fein officials.

It is estimated that Sinn Fein have already spent over 200,000 Euros on their campaign to get Martin McGuinness elected as President of Ireland. Sinn Fein has denied that any money taken in the Northern Bank robbery by the IRA has been used to fund the Presidential campaign of Martin McGuinness.

1. DonDWest profile image90
      DonDWestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm I the only one who doesn't understand what the big deal is here? I pay people out of pocket all the time for all sorts of reasons. I throw that homeless guy a loonie, I pay someone to fetch me some milk, cut the grass, etc. Why is it a government conspiracy that Sinn Fein wants to use his own money towards paying a pile of poor kids (with nothing to do)  to post a few posters?

1. profile image0
        RookerySpoonerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The point is, that it is illegal for people claiming welfare benefits to receive undeclared earnings.  And that a political party, hoping for election should follow the law of the land.  If t doesn't respect the law, then how can it be trusted to run a government?

2. theirishobserver. profile image60

Sinn Fein have prospered off the backs of the dead, should we continue to tolerate terrorism?

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image60
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A you afraid of yourself?

3. theirishobserver. profile image60

Rockery, that is correct, it is a crime to give undeclared earnings to people on welfare, Sinn Fein exploit these vulnerable people and in many cases threaten and beat them sad

working