jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

The most transparent, open, honest White House ever is at it, again

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerst … _logs.html

Solyndra
    Fast and Furious
    Light Squared
    how much manure-berg lingers below the ice?

1. lovemychris profile image79
      lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't know...still workin on Bush's pile of doodoo.....or is your outrage aimed at the person rather than the deed?
      Did you complain from 2000-2008? If not, you have no leg to stand on. If so, they're still walking round free, so It's not over yet.

Either way.....YAWN. Get in line!

uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What was there to complain about that wasn't paraded through the press or the halls of Congress?  Bush hasn't been President for nearly three years - by contemporary(Obama) standards we aren't supposed to remember things from last week let alone three years ago.

We're supposed to do something about high crimes and mis-demeanors and treason.

We're not supposed to say: "Oh that pres can do it...but just let me get my hands on the next one."

I SAW the former pres break the law.....you may want to forget it, I don't. And until we move on Bushco, your complaints are MOOT.

uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Really, where were the Democrats in Congress.  Those sainted angels were silent.  Why?  They must have been complicit and therefore equally guilty, unless there was no crime.

So, Democrats protected GWB from his comeuppance?  Do you honestly believe that?  So it must be Democrats who are the least likely to demand comportment with legality from Presidents since they were complicit through their silence while GWB President and equally complicit now.

2. profile image0
        Longhunterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LMC, how would you like for us to deal with "Bush's pile of doodoo?" Is your outrage aimed at the person rather than the deed?

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd almost be willing to bet that just barely scratches the surface.

1. profile image0
        Longhunterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure it does only scratch the surface but the only reason we're bringing it up is because Obama is half black. (sarcasm)

3. MikeNV profile image70
      MikeNVposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Transparent as a brick wall.

4. Quilligrapher profile image91
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi UV. Nice to see your post.

Am I so senile that I missed something or am I correct that this article says nothing about Solyndra, Fast and Furious, and Light Squared? What is the manure-berg floating in this thread, innuendo or real fact?

But here is an interesting truth lifted from your piece; “The position taken by the Obama Justice Department, namely that White House visitor records are presidential records and not agency records, is essentially the same one that the department took under President George W. Bush.”

And, let’s not forget VP Cheney’s Energy Task Force. There was this item in the Washington Post during November 2005: “ The task force's activities attracted complaints from environmentalists, who said they were shut out of the task force discussions while corporate interests were present. The meetings were held in secret and the White House refused to release a list of participants. The task force was made up primarily of Cabinet-level officials. Judicial Watch and the Sierra Club unsuccessfully sued to obtain the records.

“Lea Anne McBride, a spokeswoman for Cheney, declined to comment on the document. She said that the courts have upheld "the constitutional right of the president and vice president to obtain information in confidentiality." (1)

Thanks, UV, for sharing this article with us. Seems like the wind hasn’t shifted in a decade and the only manure-berg I see is another thread floating unsubstantiated innuendo.

smile smile smile

Thank you for stating it so much better than I!

working