jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (46 posts)

don't believe your lying eyes

1. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 5 years ago

If you only heard the news reports about the McDonalds assault you might think it's no big deal.  But, if you also watch the video of the assault you have to ask yourself, Self!...what kind of Semi Valley news reporting is this? Why is this man facing a media lynching for defending himself? Why are the two bully thugs being treated like victims? Simple answer:Race and sex discrimination. This completely false news story and arrest would have never happened if the players were not a black man and women.  It's one thing when black men are targeted unfairly by police and courts(that's actually expected and overlooked these days) But it's an entirely different story when the media abandons the truth because of it's hate and fear of Black men. And this is also a total betrayal of the general public when the media so blatantly twists the truth. An example being the media never mentioned the fact that Mr. McIntosh accidently shot and killed his friend and went to jail for manslaughter. He did not continue to beat the thugs after they were down; he was trying to keep them from getting back up and attacking him again. And another thing; the rise of assaults by women is growing like crazy in this country. Why are these two criminals being treated like poor little victims when they are clearly the aggressor in this situation.

But, hey...maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm seeing something totally different from what the rest of the world is seeing.  Maybe I'm visually impaired or mentally defected in some way. Help me out here and tell me what your lying eyes see.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/14/ … mcdonalds/

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

First, why isn't at least one woman charged with assault (for slapping the cashier).

It is impossible to determine if the continued beating was justified, however.  Without seeing what the women on the floor are doing (getting up, threatening or lying there stunned) one can neither defend nor convict the cashier. 

From the limited video it looks to me as if the cashier has been charged based on his past, and possibly color.  Certainly the media has already convicted based on his past.

Friendlywordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The video does show one of the thugs getting up.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

Seriously, if someone jumps a counter after me I'm going to assume that I am in imminent danger and take whatever steps I feel necessary.  I actually find it sexist to think that a crazy women coming over a counter is any less dangerous than a crazy man doing such.  Had it been a man, I don't think the the employee would have been charged... I KNOW he wouldn't have been in my area.

My opinion is the woman was looking for trouble and found it.  Had I been the employee it is quite possible I would have picked up something and jacked her up with it myself.

This is only to serve as an example:
      If it had been you in that situation with two men jumping over the counter, you would be getting a key to the city from our Mayor. And if you had drowned two of your kids in your bathtub earlier in your life; it never would have made it to the media.  You would just be a hero.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

The women were charged with assault, but the man was too because you aren;t allowed to beat someone almost to death for slapping you.

You are right.  But, can you really dictate the response to an attack when it's someone else being attacked.  If a man slapped you and jumped over a counter and chased you to slap you again(or kick, or stab, or shoot you)how many times would someone say you could hit that man to feel safe. I say it should only be one slap to that mans face.(that was chasing you with the gun, or the knife.) Yes...I think that would be the reasonable response to your life threatening attack.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The law can.  And did. And went away from them to get a weapon and came back. That loses him the reflex response defense.

I was right! I am visually impaired. I saw those two thugs chase him to the back of the restaurant swinging at him. But, those were just my lying eyes playing tricks on me.

They did because he went away from that area to get the bar from a back room.

What!!!
              Where did you see all of that? I worked in few McDonalds they don't have back rooms, some have large walk-in freezers.  But most McDs have a open floor layout. Besides, his attackers were right on him the whole time. If he was able to get to a closed room; I think he would have stayed there.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
                couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I saw a woman slap him, a woman jump over the counter and follow him into the back, somewhere, where he then turned back toward the woman and began to hit her.  Maybe a bit of an overreaction on his part.  Did she have a weapon?  It wasn't mentioned.  I didn't see one.  It's hard to say what anyone would do but I guess with all the people standing around, IMO he appears to have overreacted.

Now that's what I saw.  What I feel is this:  maybe it'll teach those to ignorant a-holes to mind their manners.

4. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 5 years ago

What I find about all this is it's really sad because it seems like we are willing to kill or try to kill each other over little things that if we had taken a different approach we most likely wouldn't have even remembered what the fuss was all about.

If someone didn't like the service or the food request their money back and leave.  If one can't deal with these customers have someone else stand in that can handle this situation.

It just seems as though "We Just Have To Have Everything Our Way."

So your're saying they should have gone to Burger King?

5. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

I just think he took the beating a little too far,otherwise he was in the right.

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And who of us, forced to work in MacDonalds, could not say "there but for the grace of God go I"

6. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 5 years ago

I wonder what part of the process of making and selling hamburgers requires a handy heavy metal bar?

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
      Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is a good question,but it is NY

2. The Scary Truth profile image61
      The Scary Truthposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe beating the rats away

That is a question that could win Mr McIntosh millions of dollars.  Why was a metal rod the only security available to the employees of that restaurant? The rod was there most likely because of previous attacks on other employees. Most likely he did not bring the weapon to his job after just getting out of jail. The answer to your question could cost McDonalds a lot of money and make them change the way the provide security for it employees and customers.

I think you will find McD has an exact policy about what you are meant to do. The bar is probably part of some piece of shelving and equipment.  McD are pretty thorough about these things and most night shifts have a security guy.

I take the point that you can't make to many assumptions just fron the video, but that counts for McDs and the women as well as the guy.

7. The Scary Truth profile image61
    The Scary Truthposted 5 years ago

His reaction is perfectly normal. Given his history, thats the response of a prisoners life, there is no fight or flight. Theres just fight, were are you going to run in a prison? The next wall? In his mind he had to fight. I couldnt veiw the video, it's now stating thats its unavailable. But from discriptions, it could look like robbery, there is no reasons for them to jump over a counter. IF a customer jumped over a counter at me, it will either tell me robbery or violence, Both of which it is perfectly legal to respond in deadly force. Deadly force is what ever is at hand, a knife, a pipe, bat, or gun.

Edit: Finally got a hold of a video of it, clearly she ataccked and came forward in a threatening mannner, the first hit with the pipe was made after she threw a punch behind the counter and missed.

Interesting perspective and no doubt true.

8. Friendlyword profile image60

People who have trouble watching the video on YouTube should go directly to the (Semi Valley) News site on CBS.com.

9. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

So clearly you think your eyes are the only ones we should trust, I see.  I suspect that the courts had a good idea of what happened between the video and the testimony of those who were there and those who treated the injuries.

1. The Scary Truth profile image61
      The Scary Truthposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So your saying that the 2 woman were more victimized? Why because they got their ass beat. They clearly, assualted him and went after him in a threatening manner, even though he had a show of force. Because they thought they were above the law. And are allowed to go around jumping over a counter, slapping, and threatening people. Because people like you are defending them. They got injured for violating the other persons rights, and forcing his stance, this is his place of work, if your argument holds any grounds, you are saying because they are customers anybody at there place of work has to put up with being slapped, threatened and they need to retreat anytime some one threatens them.

2. Friendlyword profile image60

YOU ARE RIGHT!
      I may be out of line and trying to make people see things my way, or see things that are not there.  I'm not a police investigator; so I don't know the whole story. What bothers me is the completely false reporting made by (Semi Valley)reporter Chris Wraggie CBS "reporter" about this incident and fact that they played the video while telling us a complete lie.

10. Friendlyword profile image60

Maybe...Mr McIntosh can check out a slander lawsuit against the sellout amatuers at CBS News. They can't report accurate news. So they may not have the good sense to cover their dumb asses against a man they portrayed as an attacker when he was just trying to protect hisself against the criminals they protrayed as sweet little ladies under attack by the scary Black Man.

LITTLE ladies?  That's not what I saw.

11. Friendlyword profile image60

Dear Mr Eric Holder
    You may not be aware of the false arrest and Media Lynching of Rayon McIntoch here in what has now become the completely lawless City of New York.  Because he is a Black Man; he is being portrayed as some kind of criminal going off on two innocent women. There is a video taken at the scene that shows Mr McIntosh defending hisself from an attack by two vicious thugs. Carmen Paulino, the owner of that McDonalds fired Mr McIntosh, he was arrested by the NYC Police Dept, and smeared by the amatuer media circus as the aggressor in this situation. Please investigate the reason this man was arrested when any other man or woman of any other race would have been given the key the City of New York, by the New York City Mayor! Please investigate the reason the victim of a crime is being held in a New York City Jail on $40,000.00 bail. This man is a victim of an assault. Yet, he is being held in a racist New York City jail and being smeared by the racist New York City Media. Please use the power of the United States Department of Justice to free this man from the corrupt, racist, and completely lawless NYC Police Department.

Yours Truly
    Your Fellow Citizens

Attn:Eric Holder
    US Attorney General
    U.S. Department of Justice
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20530-0001
    Office Number 202) 514-2001
    Department of Justice Main Switchboard - 202-514-2000
    Office of the Attorney General Public Comment Line - 202-353-1555
    Department of Justice Main Switchboard - 202-514-2000
    AskDOJ@usdoj.gov

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

See this is where we differ in opinion...  I don't believe that a white man would have had any easier of a time.  I tend to think in terms of a woman so I happened to ask the nearest young black man convenient (which is extremely convenient since he was in the next room) whether he thought it was race or sex.

He agreed that if it were two white men that jumped over the counter that the black dude wouldn't have been charged.  We both think it was because it was a man vs. poor little defenseless women thing.

My general opinion is once you start throwing slaps and punches whether or not you have a vagina becomes a non-issue.  You want to be treated like a lady, then act like one.

OK...You can't ask a young black man questions about race because they are still hopeful that we are all the same, and we are treated the same, and all is right with the world.  You know better.  The combination of arrest, high bail, and media character assasination would not have happen to anyone other than a young black man. But, like your young friend; I really wish things were different.

Oh, please don't even go there brother.

Tell me where I went and why I shouldn't have gone there. I really want a honest answer instead of a Pre-fab.

"They are still hopeful that we are all the same".  If the young people lose hope, the world is doomed.  They are the ones who might make the change.  It's also discouraging and hurtful to hear the discouragement and hurt in your 'voice'.  I wasn't being glib when I said don't go there and I wasn't being cliche when I called you brother.  One can only hope.

"If the young people lose hope, the world is doomed.  They are the ones who might make the change.  It's also discouraging and hurtful to hear the discouragement and hurt in your 'voice'.  I wasn't being glib when I said don't go there and I wasn't being cliche when I called you brother.  One can only hope."

Right On!!! on all points!
                God Bless your sweet heart. Young people are the hope for all of us. I see that every day on TV when I see the young people protesting down on Wall Street. And I feel really proud when I see all kinds of young people going to work down on Wall Street. They'll be fine. But, you can't forget the past, you have to learn from it to move forward. And you have to stay vigilant here and now to keep Bullies, and thugs, and racist in check!

12. Mighty Mom profile image89
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Is it possible that his actions violated the terms of his parole?
    And that is why he is being held to a stricter legal standard than any other rank and file McDonald's employee faced with similar circumstances???

Maybe...but if you're on parole; letting somebody beat you to death is not a condition you have to meet to stay out of jail. He had to use a weapon to beat down those..."full figured" ladies. No way that could be held against him.

I don't know.  He wasn't a little guy.  He probably could have defended himself with his hands and avoided a lot of trouble.

13. Friendlyword profile image60

Thank GOD!
    Rayon has family, and most of the world, in his corner!

"The Rayon McIntosh Defense Fund has been set up on Facebook and is just one of several cyber-support pages.

The 31-year-old worker's dad is also solidly in his son's corner.

"You can't go into a person's workplace and attack them," Rayon McIntosh Sr., 54, told the Post. "Let's be real now - this was self-defence."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/mcdonalds- … z1b6GP9CwS

14. Friendlyword profile image60

WHAT DID I SAY?
    People are not going to put up with bullies anymore!

http://www.dnainfo.com/20111203/greenwi … ed-be-free

Damn straight.

15. The Scary Truth profile image61
    The Scary Truthposted 5 years ago

I don't know what to say about this video. And, I've been told not to go there. As someone who has experienced what you saw in that video first hand; I have to say you're right Scary.

16. Friendlyword profile image60

I know, I keep coming back to this forum. I know I should get a life and leave this man alone.  But, if there was ever a WORKING CLASS HERO in this world; Rayon McIntosh is that man.  He's the hero of working stiff that has to go to work and suffer the fear of abuse by the public and his employer.  Here is man that followed orders and did a bill check. For doing his job; what reward did he get? He was treated like a criminal and fired for tryin to do his job, and trying to protect his life.  And today, we found out who the real criminals are. The Police and court system did do the right thing in the end. That leaves his attackers and employer.

17. Dakota-brown profile image60
    Dakota-brownposted 5 years ago

Thank goodness he didn't pound her too hard. He only gave her a quarter-pound-her.

working