jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Americans, can us British folk please borrow this politician?

1. xmasdecorations profile image60
    xmasdecorationsposted 5 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhrwmJcsfT0

Our left wing is currently very uninspiring, often sit on the fence on issues, and completely lack charisma. We could do with this man, I'll pay his air fare, deal?

1. habee profile image89
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it were up to me, I'd wrap him up and send him to you.

xmasdecorationsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, but if you knew what I would be wrapping up and sending back across the Atlantic you probably wouldn't be so keen. It certainly wouldn't be an improvement.

1. habee profile image89
          habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, you misunderstood me. You don't need to send us a politician in return!

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Tell you what - we'll pay the air fare for all of them, but you have to keep them for 10 years minimum.  Every last one in D.C.  And California.

Oh no, I certainly don't want 'them', just this one.

Although Ron Paul would be an improvement on what we currently have on the right side of the spectrum, at least he says it how he sees it.

If we could have Alan Grayson on the left, and Ron Paul on the right, please, it would make our politics more exciting. You have two people there who speak their minds rather than playing the role of mouth to the puppet masters.

You can keep the rest. Really, you can keep the rest wink - You can keep your media too, as it is marginally more bias than our own private media, although ours is getting a lot more like yours. Plus we do have Sky News of course, which is Murdoch owned and sounds more and more like Fox News every day, you can have that if you wish? lol

How about a royal family? Want one of those? I'll pay the air fare for them, at least I would if they didn't charter private jets everytime they fly, that would probably cost me more than I will earn in a lifetime hmm

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

That's a great segment!

Some of his comments remind me of that Rolling Stone article about Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail? I've posted it a few times here. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne … stpopular5

It was a fantastic response, he wasn't fazed by being outnumbered by people representing the 'other side' there. He's a very good talker, makes a change from the usual pre-scripted incoherent rubbish that politicians normally rehearse with their PR people before a TV appearance.

working