jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Who thinks it would be the ultimate answer .......

1. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

By eliminating the two party thought process , we on both ,or all sides of the issues at hand could imagine "change".  Don't you think that eighty percent of us fall back to that default .....faith in our party? And then vocalize the usual rhetoric of a well practiced  political crapload  !

1. 0
      Texasbetaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like where you are going, but from the very beginning, even Madison wrote about how it was inevitable. The two party system sprung up immediately at the founding of our nation. A better idea is to strip the power of lobbyists and to change the redistricting from politically motivated, having actual reps who are affected draw the maps to suit themselves, and moving it to civil servants. You strip the power of lobbyists by changing the election process...limiting the campaigning to 6 weeks, and making it illegal to run radio or tv ads, making all funds equal and publicly funded. Eliminate PACs, SuperPACs, all of it. With the gerrymandering process of redistricting, it draws up maps where the candidates only have to appeal to the extreme of both of their parties...in that, the maps are drawn where the the districts are purely right or left, so we get the farthest right and farthest left in office.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago

As much as everyone hates Ron Paul, if his party keeps screwing him over to the point that he doesn't get the nomination, then he'll probably run Third Party.

He'll be the first candidate - love it or hate it - who has a REAL chance of getting a third party the 3% it needs for federal recognition.

1. PJ Jones profile image61
      PJ Jonesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's sad, I fon't think of myself as belonging to a party.  But if you don't belong to one or the other, you don't get voter packets in the mail.