jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

I can see Russia from my house.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image59
    uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago

This often repeated inanity is more reflective of the mind set of its repeater than the parodied subject.  There are those who repeat it as absolute incontrovertible truth.  It is a sad state of affairs when people can be so silly.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/seealaska.asp

1. Greek One profile image77
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How could she see anything with Glen Rice's billydonger blocking her eyesight?

1. uncorrectedvision profile image59
        uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yet more inanity.  Thanks for advancing the cause.

Yeah, she didn't sleep with him.. yeah, the evil liberal media just made her look like an idiot... she is really a genius who does a great job of hiding it.

Look, it doesn't matter if she said she saw Russia from her house.. the point is that when she was asked about the insights she gained, if any, by living so close to Russia, all she replied with was you can see it from Alaska.

How the hell is that insight into Russia??

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
            Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try looking at it from a religious right wing, tea party, voted for Dubya twice, viewpoint.  See those onion shaped minarets atop the Kremlin yet?  lol

you have a point.. in comparison, Palin must seem like she studied foreign affairs all her life

2. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 5 years ago

When I heard Sarah Palin say that, I laughed, writing it off as a long held joke that Alaskans probably say often.  I didn't form any negative opinion of her because of that, but as time went on, I started to realize that she wasn't well informed and that it was a problem.  However, I still didn't feel negatively toward her, I just knew that she wasn't right for politics and the position that had been handed to her.  But instead of leaving it at that, the media kept at it like a dog with a bone and turned her into a circus.  Its sad really.

well, she was running for VP even though "she wasn't right for politics and the position that had been handed to her"...

so I'm not sure how or why the media or anyone else should have done anything BUT mock her, based on the candidacy she willing accepted

1. megs78 profile image60
        megs78posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well because of all that media mocking and coverage, now we have to put up with her on TLC, and in all the mundane news reports America wide.  Its annoying and I don't think she merits that kind of attention.  Why do we do this to people in our insanely media crazed countries?  Have we got nothing better to do?  What a waste of time this is.  We all knew she would never make it in politics, so what's the problem?  Go ahead, mock her, but don't turn her into a celebrity.  Good Lord we don't see too clearly sometimes...

don't look at me, I'm too busy watching real celebrities....

like Snooky

1. megs78 profile image60
            megs78posted 5 years ago in reply to this

funny guy smile  been fun!

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kBIMKve0py0/TjTB1yUdOdI/AAAAAAAAE-k/_pDb694-qHM/s1600/Herman-Cain.jpg

You're comparing apples and oranges.  The left one is like an apple, the right an orange. It's only confusing to liberals who let their godless homosexual agenda cloud their reasoning.

http://www.whiterabbitcult.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/sexy-naughty-cleavage-sarah-palin.jpg

working